Where’s Waldo (hunter966)??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never met her till that day, but she kept trying to make me the catch of the day, and I wasn’t even putting out the vibes. I wear on wimmins that way! 🥰🥰

Or it could’ve been my impressive fishing skills, I took my own fish off the hook after I used the bonk stick maybe that’s what impressed her.

Well then! We can make a nice comment about her…….. beings you did not know her! Haaaaa!

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTH!? Ya think maybe I should’ve blacked out the buildings!

Technically the picture was taken from the doc, but since OkieMoe posted the address I guess that’s close enough, LOL.

Yep, Juneau, AK. We took a cruise from Seattle up to Juneau then down to Sitka, Ketchikan, Icy Point Straight, and Victoria, B.C.

Got to ride side X sides in the rain forrest on Kruzof Island, whale watching and sea lions in Juneau, fished in Ketchikan, saw seals in Glacier Bay and probably some more that I’m forgetting.

What cruise line did you use? How was the sailing, time on board the ship part of the trip?

David

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used Holland America, Eurodam was the ship. We boarded around 10am on the 2nd and got off the ship about 10am the 9th.

It was our 1st time on a ship so nothing to compare it to but the 1st, 2nd and the morning of the 3rd day the sailing seemed rough, water was white capping.

We kept rolling side to side while trying to sleep the 1st two nights. That made wifey sea sick but the patch cured her of that.

The service that we got on board was nothing short of awesome! Absolutely nothing to gripe about, friendly staff, world class food(but most things are for a guy that never leaves the back forty and stays in the country).

If I heard the captain correctly, we sailed 2100-2200 nautical miles in that amount of days and we stopped at 5 different ports.

We got off at 3 ports and took 3 excursions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I’ll have to give the Mrs her vacation before I could drag her to Alaska although a guided fishing trip might tip the scales. Been by thinking about taking her to Puerto Rico for a beach vacation.
We took a guided fishing trip on one of our cruises. Fly fishing for salmon on a stream.
Guide picked us up for a four hour excursion, drove over an hour in a beat up Ford pickup to arrive at the stream. On the drive we asked him about what flies would work best and so on. He wasn't much of a talker and just said it would be ok.
When getting to the stream, he pulled out a 7mm mag rifle and a lawn chair out of the back. Then gave us the fly rods and told us if we hear a whistle start heading back to the truck. If we hear two whistles, move quickly back to the truck, and finally if hearing three whistles, get on the ground as he would be shooting.
Fortunately, we saw no bears, and after an hour everyone was worn out completely from catching salmon on every cast. Amazing trip.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What cruise line did you use? How was the sailing, time on board the ship part of the trip?

David
If going on a round trip cruise, it doesn't matter what side of the ship you're on, but if going on a one way, always choose the side that will be looking inland no matter which direction you are traveling.
The other side is boring with nothing but open sea.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of Silverton Colorado.
Silverton was the most awesome place 30 years ago. Raw mining town with some great bars and just about zero laws about what you could do. Great off roading.
2023, Commiefornika has taken over the town. Side by sides are no longer allowed in town because they are "noisy", Cops stopping everyone for 1mph over the speed limits and so on. We used to love to go there, but no more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom