Where's the prettiest part of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just read a photography article that listed the best state park in every state. Lake Murry was listed for OK.
Little Sahara State Park supports all the rest of the state parks I’m told. One day on a holiday has as many visitors if not more than most of the rest do annually.

Targetshooter

Marksman
Reaction score
This was the exact place I was going to mention. Anywhere along the bluffs along the river from Freedom to the NW. Catch it at sunset when the cottonwoods are gold in the fall and it can't be beat imo.
Agreed. Take highway 64 west out of Alva through the hills and stop at Camp
Houston, get a cool one before heading south a ways to Freedom. Turn back north again out of Freedom and check out the rolling grasslands and praries.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you mean by geographical terrains?
Just what I said. Each corner of OK looks different. Unlike some states that have maybe 2 different terrains. NE, looks way different than NW as does SE and SW.
You can visit the SE and have a completely different experience/view than the NW. and so on.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just what I said. Each corner of OK looks different. Unlike some states that have maybe 2 different terrains. NE, looks way different than NW as does SE and SW.
You can visit the SE and have a completely different experience/view than the NW. and so on.
Depending on which agency is issuing the info- OK is usually credited with 5-12 distinct regions. I didn’t realize your statement was based only on your visual observation- I thought “4 geographical terrains” might be ODOT jargon and caught my attention. That’s why i asked.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on which agency is issuing the info- OK is usually credited with 5-12 distinct regions. I didn’t realize your statement was based only on your visual observation- I thought “4 geographical terrains” might be ODOT jargon and caught my attention. That’s why i asked.
I should have said at least 4. But no, not ODOT, just my observation after visiting all 77 counties over the years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom