Which pistol for the mrs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noob2013

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a 9mm pistol for the Mrs. She has a small frame body type and thinks Glock 26 is too big.

So, currently considering the following ~ 3 inches plus minus 9mm pistol:

Sig P938
Kahr PM9
Kel-Tec PF9
SW Shield

Comments welcome on the likes / dislikes.
Any other recommendations welcome.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You will prob get a gazillion answers but I would first ask is she more comfortable with external safety or not really? I am somewhat familiar with the 938 and Shield, both excellent weapons. If she likes the 26 but not the size, look at the 43. Another option is the XD or even the SCCY PX2. You might also try the Walther CCP. Lots of good firearms to choose from. Just go rent some or at least have her handle them. H&H, Sooner State Pawn, BPS and Cabelas all have good selections to look at and hold. Good luck and let us know what she decides on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife, who is 5' and 100 lbs, likes her 1911 in .45 cal. The recoil is not as sharp as the lighter weight pistols. The tuning on a 1911 can make a lot of difference to the perceived recoil.

noob2013

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife, who is 5' and 100 lbs, likes her 1911 in .45 cal. The recoil is not as sharp as the lighter weight pistols. The tuning on a 1911 can make a lot of difference to the perceived recoil.

We have been "consolidating", focusing and stock up on 9mm since the ammo crunch. So, at this time, we'll probably not going to switch caliber. And if you meant the 1911 in 9mm flavor, I have heard bad things about it.
But, thanks for your input.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my wife to OKC and rented guns at Wilshire and H&H for her to try. She really liked the Sig 938, and was adamant that was what she wanted, so that is what she got. I wasn't happy she chose the Sig because of the thumb safety, and would have preferred the Glock 43 as its point and shoot, but she didn't shoot it well. The sig just fit her better and she shot it better.

It all depends on the shooter, and if they are comfortable with that gun.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife settled in on the Sig p938 after shooting quite a few too. She shot it alongside the p238 and our TCPs and the 938 won out. She also has an XDs that she likes, but the p938 is better for her preferred method of CC. We go the Equinox finish and it's an absolutely beautiful gun with great sights

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife settled in on the Sig p938 after shooting quite a few too. She shot it alongside the p238 and our TCPs and the 938 won out. She also has an XDs that she likes, but the p938 is better for her preferred method of CC. We go the Equinox finish and it's an absolutely beautiful gun with great sights

The night sights on the sig are worth their weight in gold.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If she practices with the SIG safety (same as a 1911) it will be as normal as the parts of gripping the handle and pulling the trigger after a short time. The safety is secure, cocked and locked is a safe way to carry it. She might want to practice with an empty chamber until she gets comfortable with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom