Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I told joe several times he wasn't right in the head. I wish he was here so I could tell him again.
Me too.

For me, I broke down awhile back and bought a new watch. Got it on sale for $33.

Timex.jpg

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you guys actually go diving? Used to work with a guy that did quite a bit of diving , even here in Oklahoma lakes . Dude would get dive fever leading up to when he was headed out for a trip LOL.
Psycho also jumped out of perfectly good planes as well.... Boy just weren't right LOL.

I dove in the past, it’s been many years. If I ever find myself living close to ocean I’ll take it back up. I mostly wear dive watches because they are the only style that sometimes have bands long enough that I can wear them.

Matratliff

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you guys actually go diving? Used to work with a guy that did quite a bit of diving , even here in Oklahoma lakes . Dude would get dive fever leading up to when he was headed out for a trip LOL.
Psycho also jumped out of perfectly good planes as well.... Boy just weren't right LOL.
I dive professionally all over the country. Our rule is, don’t go down with something you can’t live without. High chance it ain’t coming up. I’ll throw on a G shock, maybe a SCURFA (just because it’s cool and the owner is a diver). In areas where you are recreationally diving with crystal clear water, then I can understand wanting to wear your nicer watch (because it’s cool). I get out of the water and throw on my Seiko Solar diver. I do like the idea that if it came down to it, my Seiko can withstand the pressure. A high majority of professional divers will never go past 165ft (5 Atmospheres of pressure).

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why a diver's watch? Defines what a watch is to me. Solidly built, won't damage it in humid weather or getting it wet, big bold luminous dial, the weight is also part of the charm. Also, specs. Kind of like driving a 500 hp car even though you may never break the speed limit. One could ask the same of people driving Pickups in Oklahoma, many will never haul anything in the bed aside from groceries.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
For me it’s the recessed or flush crystal so I don’t break them at work.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, a semi gloss, slightly off white BG9 Lume, glows blue in the dark, I'll get some photos later. One of my favorite watches in spite of a low cost! Actually within 5 seconds per day too, but not certified.
20230419_212220.jpg

Should be in the Lume Shot section, but talked about this a couple days back...

Latest posts

Top Bottom