Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Citizen Ecodrive Triple Calendar with Moonphase - please note it is set correctly!
20240226_111244.jpg

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to share a little secret and where I’ve bought a few watches. The owner is former LEO and watches are his hobby. He probably has 2-300 mostly vintage watches in his little shop. Go by and see David. Tell him that Darren told you about it on okshooters.
View attachment 456295View attachment 456296

I have a commercial site about a block away from this on Waterloo so I drive by weekly - I was wondering about it; I'll go in and check it out...

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know what it is, but Citizen does have the hardest top set quartz watches. Think you need a Level 50 watch repair certification to set a Blue Angel one, although they are nice watches!
I have a couple of echo drives that I sat in a drawer, Not knowing you wasn't supposed to do that. And they are now sitting on my dresser for the last 6 months. Not working. I have no idea how to set them. I've watched YouTube to no avail, I think I may have ruined them.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of echo drives that I sat in a drawer, Not knowing you wasn't supposed to do that. And they are now sitting on my dresser for the last 6 months. Not working. I have no idea how to set them. I've watched YouTube to no avail, I think I may have ruined them.
I think the Blue Angel Watch is like that, set it wrong and it's ruined. However Mechanical watches with complications in some instances one has to be careful how and when they set them.

If your eco drives are not working, charge them under a desk lamp for a day. Some of the eco drives have a small button that can be pushed with a ball point pen. Let it charge than hit the button and hold it down for a while (5 or 10 seconds), that might revive it. If not it needs to go back to the dreaded "Service Center."

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my better half a rose gold Citizen echo drive atomic watch and we have never been able to get anything other than the time correct. Very frustrating and anything but user friendly. I need a pro to get perpetual day, date etc set correctly. I am just pretty lame at this technical stuff…

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my better half a rose gold Citizen echo drive atomic watch and we have never been able to get anything other than the time correct. Very frustrating and anything but user friendly. I need a pro to get perpetual day, date etc set correctly. I am just pretty lame at this technical stuff…
My eco-drive's are somewhat hard to set, especially the triple calendar. Didn't have the manual so looked it up online. It was not too bad once I read through it. Without it very difficult since citizen has many versions of it, they are a pain to find on YouTube.

Latest posts

Top Bottom