Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Headed to a wedding
94E290B1-44CE-48AC-BBE1-16AFD98C1409.jpeg

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really dig the Monsters.

Me too! (disclaimer: pic attached is not todays watch )

This is my second go round with an OM -- my original , which was purchased at a dive-centric Seiko outlet in St Augustine FL in 2004, lived a hard life and died hard in a motorhome fire that came dangerously close to claiming me as well ---- fished its carcass out of the debris the next day. It stopped at 2:55 AM which is about right for the timing of the fire

v0w51ns.jpg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely. If the watch goes anywhere, it's back to you. 👍👍

A gold dial Nomos Orion has been on my wish list for a bit and the Tissot has a similar look, with the exception of the small seconds. Gold dials with nickel plated or stainless cases look amazing. There's just not many options out there without going vintage.

View attachment 461830
Thank you very much for posting this, now I need one. Went to look at them on Saturday.

So, looked at Nomos, then looked at Longines, Think I will be buying both next time I go...

1710782184036.png

It looks far better in person.

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
👍👍

What did you think of the new Longines Conquest?
Actually I really liked it, they had a non-chrono one. But prefer diver's styles and chrono's. The Conquest Chrono I really like. Think if I were to get a Longines Chrono I may Go for the Big Eye (Avigator Chrono). I did like the Longines Hydroconquest GMT a bit more than the Zulu Time. I like serious, purpose built watches.

IMHO I think Longines has really stepped up their game. If buying for Enjoyment or Investment, I think any modern Longines is a good buy now. I can see them as a future competitor to Tudor.

What they do need to do to get there, better bracelets. I like the styles, but there is something about screws versus pins that says luxury to me. I think the straps that come with them are very high quality as well, but again I do not have a modern Longines.

Nomos is a bit different than the bigger names though. They strike me as a watch guy's watch. It lacks the universal appeal (non watch sickness people) of something like a Rolex or Omega, but a true watch aficionado would appreciate and be okay with nobody ever noticing. Longines is mixed.

Hate to say this, but my idea of a watch is mechanical or automatic, good lume, respected name that people recognize, and tough. Longines is getting there, I hope they make it. The Conquest series reminds me of the non GMT Rolex Explorer Series, without the homage look. The Conquest Chrono really reminds me of the Daytona, I really think non-watch people would confuse it to be a Rolex Daytona.

Thank you for asking my opinion.

By the way, love Seikos, Citizens and Invictas. My wants do exceed my resources.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I really liked it, they had a non-chrono one. But prefer diver's styles and chrono's. The Conquest Chrono I really like. Think if I were to get a Longines Chrono I may Go for the Big Eye (Avigator Chrono). I did like the Longines Hydroconquest GMT a bit more than the Zulu Time. I like serious, purpose built watches.

IMHO I think Longines has really stepped up their game. If buying for Enjoyment or Investment, I think any modern Longines is a good buy now. I can see them as a future competitor to Tudor.

What they do need to do to get there, better bracelets. I like the styles, but there is something about screws versus pins that says luxury to me. I think the straps that come with them are very high quality as well, but again I do not have a modern Longines.

Nomos is a bit different than the bigger names though. They strike me as a watch guy's watch. It lacks the universal appeal (non watch sickness people) of something like a Rolex or Omega, but a true watch aficionado would appreciate and be okay with nobody ever noticing. Longines is mixed.

Hate to say this, but my idea of a watch is mechanical or automatic, good lume, respected name that people recognize, and tough. Longines is getting there, I hope they make it. The Conquest series reminds me of the non GMT Rolex Explorer Series, without the homage look. The Conquest Chrono really reminds me of the Daytona, I really think non-watch people would confuse it to be a Rolex Daytona.

Thank you for asking my opinion.

By the way, love Seikos, Citizens and Invictas. My wants do exceed my resources.

I had planned on purchasing that Avigation Big Eye chrono a few months back. Tried one on and it just sat weird on my wrist, which was a huge disappointment. The caseback is a bit proud of the underside of the lugs, so the lugs didn't really contact any part of my wrist. I may still pick one up used and see if I can get it to work on a NATO or MN strap. I think that the Big Eye may be the best buy out there for a Swiss auto chronograph. The black dial (not the petrol blue Ti version) is inexpensive for something with a column wheel.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had planned on purchasing that Avigation Big Eye chrono a few months back. Tried one on and it just sat weird on my wrist, which was a huge disappointment. The caseback is a bit proud of the underside of the lugs, so the lugs didn't really contact any part of my wrist. I may still pick one up used and see if I can get it to work on a NATO or MN strap. I think that the Big Eye may be the best buy out there for a Swiss auto chronograph. The black dial (not the petrol blue Ti version) is inexpensive for something with a column wheel.

This is the watch that holds me back from buying the big eye chrono:

https://www.hanhart.com/en/collection/pioneer/417-es/

Steve McQueen had one....

Latest posts

Top Bottom