Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven’t shown this one yet. My first Raymond Weil. In my opinion, a very underrepresented brand. Family owned, makes everything in-house. They are really well made watches. The movement in this watch produced the best timegrapher readings I’ve ever seen.

I’m not a fan of the strap that came on it. It doesn’t fit me very well. I’ve got another one being made, but I was tired of waiting on it so I snapped a photo of it as is.

IMG_4929.jpeg

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven’t shown this one yet. My first Raymond Weil. In my opinion, a very underrepresented brand. Family owned, makes everything in-house. They are really well made watches. The in-house movement on this watch produced the best timegrapher readings I’ve ever seen.

I’m not a fan of the strap that came on it. It doesn’t fit me very well. I’ve got another one being made, but I was tired of waiting on it so I snapped a photo of it as is.

View attachment 478469
I did not need to know about this brand. https://www.raymond-weil.us/product...MI--W9nKyOhgMVCDrUAR1pbQ1qEAAYASAAEgKVdfD_BwE

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My newest project. In doing research on my other watches, I found that working on quartz watches looked pretty easy. I picked up the watch not working on eBay for 15 bucks. A new Miyota movement, including battery, was 4 bucks. That’s cheaper than just buying the battery. A basic watch repair kit cost 15. The process of removing the mechanism, removing the hands, removing the face, and putting everything back together took about a half hour. It works great now. I’m rather proud of myself, I usually break everything mechanical I touch.
IMG_1016.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My newest project. In doing research on my other watches, I found that working on quartz watches looked pretty easy. I picked up the watch not working on eBay for 15 bucks. A new Miyota movement, including battery, was 4 bucks. That’s cheaper than just buying the battery. A basic watch repair kit cost 15. The process of removing the mechanism, removing the hands, removing the face, and putting everything back together took about a half hour. It works great now. I’m rather proud of myself, I usually break everything mechanical I touch.
Nice job.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven’t shown this one yet. My first Raymond Weil. In my opinion, a very underrepresented brand. Family owned, makes everything in-house. They are really well made watches. The movement in this watch produced the best timegrapher readings I’ve ever seen.

View attachment 478469I bought my first one over 20 years ago. I own 4 as we speak. They are one of my favorite brands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom