Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My newest project. In doing research on my other watches, I found that working on quartz watches looked pretty easy. I picked up the watch not working on eBay for 15 bucks. A new Miyota movement, including battery, was 4 bucks. That’s cheaper than just buying the battery. A basic watch repair kit cost 15. The process of removing the mechanism, removing the hands, removing the face, and putting everything back together took about a half hour. It works great now. I’m rather proud of myself, I usually break everything mechanical I touch.View attachment 478484
And so it begins..... Next comes the special tools and microscopes and the story's in your head you tell yourself !!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 478096
Haven’t shown this one yet. My first Raymond Weil. In my opinion, a very underrepresented brand. Family owned, makes everything in-house. They are really well made watches. The movement in this watch produced the best timegrapher readings I’ve ever seen.

I’m not a fan of the strap that came on it. It doesn’t fit me very well. I’ve got another one being made, but I was tired of waiting on it so I snapped a photo of it as is.

View attachment 478469

I love it. It gives me JLC salmon sector dial vibes.

Waiting on my Veblenist strap to ship as well. I missed the custom options on the drop down menu when I ordered. They were really responsive and added quick release springbars and a polished buckle to my order after I shot them an email about my oversight.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20240514_165400.jpg

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We all know you are a grand master level watch god ... But don't you have at least one beat up banged around pile of please fix me sitting around to show off on occasion ? As usual nice watch Mr. :cool:
Right? If Luke had his junk pile for sale, I’d probably be a buyer.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My newest project. In doing research on my other watches, I found that working on quartz watches looked pretty easy. I picked up the watch not working on eBay for 15 bucks. A new Miyota movement, including battery, was 4 bucks. That’s cheaper than just buying the battery. A basic watch repair kit cost 15. The process of removing the mechanism, removing the hands, removing the face, and putting everything back together took about a half hour. It works great now. I’m rather proud of myself, I usually break everything mechanical I touch.View attachment 478484
Nicely done!

Latest posts

Top Bottom