Who has a Thompson Hawken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am getting a used Thompson Hawken flintlock for a pretty good price. The stock has a crack in it that I will repair, eventually get a full length stock for and I would love to loose the rear adjustable sight. Has anyone done this before?

Now I got to find some powder, priming powder, measure, balls, and see what I can do with it. Not even sure I will make it out during deer season but I have it if I do--and nothing else it will be a winter project.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What will you be replacing the rear sight with? I put a Lyman peep on my cap lock and am happy with it. Of course I'm always happy with peep sights. Make sure and work the glue as far into the crack as you can. Elmers doesn't work real well, ya' need some thing thin so it goes into the crack easily. After glueing clamp it if you can.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I generally use a foaming glue and work it in really well. On sights, who knows. I am hoping there is some semi-buckhorns out there. Heck, I am into it right enough to play with it, and turn it into a all hunter and then get me a original Hawken looking rifle later. See what happens when you watch Jeremiah Johnston!

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I generally use a foaming glue and work it in really well. On sights, who knows. I am hoping there is some semi-buckhorns out there. Heck, I am into it right enough to play with it, and turn it into a all hunter and then get me a original Hawken looking rifle later. See what happens when you watch Jeremiah Johnston!

I have some FFF if you need some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom