Who here plays pool or snooker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many moons ago, thought I was good until I went down to Texas with a buddy and played in a few tournaments. Held my own for a bit and got my azz handed to me. Had a great time. Watched guys practice with normal balls on a snooker table.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like playing snooker in a quiet parlor with a nice table, some top shelf liquor and a good smoke.
I watched a video of some hot Czech women in hot clothes playing snooker on a cool hand carved table in an old estate. Yeah, that works

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still shoot with the same McDermott cue I bought at age 13. I had to mow 4 yards to buy it and at the time I had no idea what I was buying, I just thought it was pretty lol. I could carry my cue on my bicycle and ride 1 mile to a pool hall and me and a buddy would pay $1 an hour to play snooker or 8 ball. Cheap fun and the old timmers taught us much
So been playing for 41 years. Not as good as I used to be with poor eyesight now but I can still clear a table in 2 turns now and then.
Used to make 8 ball runs from the break back in my 30s.
Never played league or for money, just fun.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I play pool every day I wear my “special” pants.

IMG_3207.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
But in a serious note, I used to play pool a lot. Quarter table and full size. I remember skipping school one day my senior year, going to the pool hall in Midwest city (I forget the name, JP’s?) and playing one day. Had some fun, realized it was a good time. Had some old guy come up and ask if he could play, I said yeah. I smoked him, he asked for a rematch and put $5 down. I took the bet, and man, I’ve never been sharked so bad in my life. It was a great lesson though, in pool and in life. What wasn’t good was that I then skipped at least half a day, 2-3 days a week the rest of my senior year to play pool.

I continued to play for the next 5-6 years, at least once or twice a week. I got pretty good. At one point in time I rented a room in California from a guy who used to play pro, but I can’t find anything online about him. That was fun, and once he bet 3 months rent on a game. I turned him down, lol. I shouldn’t have though, that was the best game I’ve played in my life.

I don’t play a ton anymore, but I should. I love it. The wife really enjoys it even. Is there anywhere good to play in OKC/north OKC area that isn’t a smoking bar?

Latest posts

Top Bottom