Who is using a Holosun SCS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the astigmatism issue is an exaggerated thing by those that aren’t willing to put the effort into “learning” how to use an optic mounted. Face it, people are lazy, shooters as much as anyone. They think that a rds will help them when as a shooter they suck!
That's a pretty bold statement from someone who has no clue what looking through an MRDS is in my eyes. Until I addressed this with my Eye Dr., I had no idea the amount of people just in the Edmond/OKC area who have this issue.

Wearing Glasses with a 3.25 MOA RMR, I see a dot about 8-10 MOA that is nothing but a starburst. Completely useless for what an MRDS is intended for. Handgun and rifle the same.

Sig
Holosun
Trijicon

In that order from "more of a dot to me" and Trijicon being the worst. I've helped and corrected this with special hard contact lenses that that bring my astigmatism down to a more manageable level. Moving to a 1 MOA dot on my RM09 and these lenses, I'm good. I'll never see a "dot" unless I spend about 15K on surgery, but I know the benefits an MRDS provides and I worked through it.

There is no "learning" when you have a severe astigmatism. You either see a dot, or you see a giant red starburst that looks like a set of head lights coming at you through a wet windshield.

Are there lazy people who will make every excuse not to change something, of course. This place is full of boomer internet know it all's who think you only need 5 rounds and anything more you "should go back to the range" or some other BS statement, but the above statement is false and no different than internet boomer banter

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone carry with the scs? I just got mine and not on a daily carry gun, but I'm just wondering what kind of battery life it has. I know normal red dots will usually go about a year on a 2133 if they have shake awake feature, but I have no idea how long the rechargable battery will run with concealment. I'm assuming dot will dim significantly while concealed that saves battery until needed. TIA!

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So people with astigmatisms are just lazy shooters. Lol Wut.

Paralyzed people just don’t like walking probably too.

Most red dot sights look like a starburst to my eyes. Had a few on AR’s and couldn’t use them because the dot was all screwed up to my eyes.

I laughed my a** off at that first paragraph. 🤣
So glad you were so easy to amuse. ESy to see that some people can twist anything said into a yuk, yuk.

Regards,

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_20221226_143556.jpg
IMG_20221226_143554.jpg

Not mine, but the owner should weigh in soon with his opinion of the optic

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So people with astigmatisms are just lazy shooters. Lol Wut.

Paralyzed people just don’t like walking probably too.

Most red dot sights look like a starburst to my eyes. Had a few on AR’s and couldn’t use them because the dot was all screwed up to my eyes.

I laughed my a** off at that first paragraph. 🤣
Yes, you should have trained the lense deformity away.

i died laughing too. The holosun 510c works well for me on ars, other than that I’ve gone to prism sights. Most red dots give me a bunch of dots and a starburst effect.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the astigmatism issue is an exaggerated thing by those that aren’t willing to put the effort into “learning” how to use an optic mounted. Face it, people are lazy, shooters as much as anyone. They think that a rds will help them when as a shooter they suck!

Shooting a rds is completely different than open sights. Any good academy will be teaching you to shoot both eyes open which is something you shouldn’t do with an rds. There are techniques to learning how to find the dot, but it’s takes training yourself how to do it correctly.

When done correctly there isn’t a faster or more accurate way to shoot. But again who is going to put in the time and effort to learn it correctly? A very small minority of shooters, but they will reap the benefits for sure.
Regards,
You shoot with both eyes open with iron sights or rds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom