Why can't I sell my shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that being said, maybe a A5 lover or collector will make his choice based on GRADE AND AGE. My point in my post is that he is trying to sell it to the wrong demographic. Most on here are users and not collectors. I'm a user and collector. He might consider selling it on a site for Browning collectors. I certainly wouldn't advertise a tactical 870 in a trap and skeet forum.

You said you have a sweet 16 A5 and when you bought it, it had never been shot. THAT's MY POINT.

It had never been shot because it was built to be given as a gift to the guys wife, who had passed away before he could give it to her. He just never could bring himself to shoot it. This was the story passed down to me by his son after the father passed away. As a collector, and to other Browning collectors, an unfired gun at that age brings the value up.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when i was a kid a A5 was the gun to have. Everyone was looking for one.

Now, they are not so much in demand. i think they are thought of as an 'old gun'.

the cycling action has an extra movement to it that it not welcome and people do not like it.

if i bought one it would be for old times sake and basically would sit in the vault.

my opinion is that they are heavy and kick compared to the never semis.

The main thing is a million old geezers are croaking and their A-5s are being dumped on the market and younger shooters don't want them.
I had a 12 ga that I had for sale for years and years at $300 in my store and finally donated it to friends of NRA banquet raffle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom