Why I am against gay marriage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused, what is this thread about?

RickN is a bigot so what, everyone is bigoted.

This thread is about sword fights and taco fights.

i.imgur.com_G5Cw583.jpg

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because I knew this was going to happen. I do not care if you get married but no one has the right to force others to go against their religious beliefs.
I agree with you, but the problem is not the legalization of gay marriage; it is the anti-discrimination laws. Notice you aren't seeing this kind of crap in Oklahoma even though gay marriage is now legal, and you won't be seeing it... because Oklahoma doesn't have any of those BS laws like they do in Coeur d'Alene. The spread of anti-discrimination laws is what we should be fighting. The marriage itself doesn't hurt anyone or force anyone to do anything, except the Court Clerk... and if I had my way I would remove her from the process as well.

Maybe now we can get the religious right to support eliminating the licensure of marriage. It would be a great protest move on their part.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe now we can get the religious right to support eliminating the licensure of marriage. It would be a great protest move on their part.

Good luck with that. It'd be easier to talk them into re-enacting Blue Laws. RR ain't about small government. They're about government that enforces their position. (like every other political group)

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck with that. It'd be easier to talk them into re-enacting Blue Laws. RR ain't about small government. They're about government that enforces their position. (like every other political group)

Yes, but you might be able to sell it to them on the premise of keeping the State from condoning immorality... if the courts are going to force the State to grant these immoral unions along with the others, they should just stop granting unions at all. Maybe some of the RR would rather break their toys than have to share them.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, but you might be able to sell it to them on the premise of keeping the State from condoning immorality... if the courts are going to force the State to grant these immoral unions along with the others, they should just stop granting unions at all. Maybe some of the RR would rather break their toys than have to share them.

I agree with your premise, but I am really certain most of the folks in the RR camp are not thinking along those lines.
These are folks that can read Galatians in Sunday School, and twenty minutes later are saying amen to, well nevermind.

Let's just say that Christ gave us liberty, and man voluntarily continues to put the shackles back on.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest case of discrimination regarding marriage is discrimination against the unmarried. I could go for getting the gummint out of the process if they and everyone else would/were required to get completely out of the process - no more tax breaks for marrieds, no health insurance discounts for "and family", no reduced auto insurance rates for married people, etc. Make a person a person with each one having exactly the same liabilities and privileges - no special treatment for anyone, period - and be done with it.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The biggest case of discrimination regarding marriage is discrimination against the unmarried. I could go for getting the gummint out of the process if they and everyone else would/were required to get completely out of the process - no more tax breaks for marrieds, no health insurance discounts for "and family", no reduced auto insurance rates for married people, etc. Make a person a person with each one having exactly the same liabilities and privileges - no special treatment for anyone, period - and be done with it.

This. Same goes for the Childfree. I pay taxes for a school I will never use.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I concur!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom