Why we gotta have this forum-on-forum hate?: Thread about okshooters on opencarry.org

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have yet to see any substantial posts from the open carry crowd concerning training of any sort relating to weapons retention of situational awareness. Nor have I seen any serious discussion on the selection of appropriate gear. Instead we get Mahhhh Righhttttssss and crying over being asked to leave because the gunbuster sticker wasn't blatantly obvious. I consider a significant portion of the open carry threads to be comedic relief at best and downright harmful to their own movement at worst. It's not open carry I'm opposed to its the people who make a mockery of a very sobering decision that has great consequences if they are not prepared. I honestly want to slap the piss out of people I have seen with a pistol in a floppy nylon holster on a belt that sags and does not keep the weapon tight against the carrier.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okiebryan, I'm not in the habit of making "patently false" statements. What I said was some of these OC guys imply that CC guys are somehow "committed less" to gun rights because they don't OC.

I DON'T care how people carry their guns.

But thanks for calling me a liar, now piss off.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have yet to see any substantial posts from the open carry crowd concerning training of any sort relating to weapons retention of situational awareness. Nor have I seen any serious discussion on the selection of appropriate gear. Instead we get Mahhhh Righhttttssss and crying over being asked to leave because the gunbuster sticker wasn't blatantly obvious. I consider a significant portion of the open carry threads to be comedic relief at best and downright harmful to their own movement at worst. It's not open carry I'm opposed to its the people who make a mockery of a very sobering decision that has great consequences if they are not prepared. I honestly want to slap the piss out of people I have seen with a pistol in a floppy nylon holster on a belt that sags and does not keep the weapon tight against the carrier.

So if it is concealed they must have been through all kinds of training and have the best possible gear? I am positive there is the same amount of stupid in both camps. Such as people who carry loaded weapons in bags/pockets with out any sort of protection from accidental discharge around the trigger/trigger guard. The people you see with the crappy OC gear had just as crappy CC gear. Also everyone who cc's they scream about the tactical advantage that, just like the OC cry of it discourages crime can not be proven.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if it is concealed they must have been through all kinds of training and have the best possible gear? I am positive there is the same amount of stupid in both camps. Such as people who carry loaded weapons in bags/pockets with out any sort of protection from accidental discharge around the trigger/trigger guard. The people you see with the crappy OC gear had just as crappy CC gear. Also everyone who cc's they scream about the tactical advantage that, just like the OC cry of it discourages crime can not be proven.

I say the same things to people whom CC in less advantageous ways or use crap gear. However, when carrying OC you are considerably more exposed, so your considerations are more apparent. Either way, pointing the finger at someone else doesn't validate the method.

One quick question for all the OC fans here, can you point to a thread here where someone recommended acredited training or is there even an instructor around here that addresses the scenarios concerning OC? What about gear? I'm honestly curious.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say the same things to people whom CC in less advantageous ways or use crap gear. However, when carrying OC you are considerably more exposed, so your considerations are more apparent. Either way, pointing the finger at someone else doesn't validate the method.

One quick question for all the OC fans here, can you point to a thread here where someone recommended acredited training or is there even an instructor around here that addresses the scenarios concerning OC? What about gear? I'm honestly curious.

I know there have been a couple of Holster threads, however they devolved into OC vs CC. I have not seen any on training or weapon retention for OC or CC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom