Win 94 30-30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need some help....I have a Winchester Model 94' 30-30 with top eject. I really love the rifle but outside of 75 yards, I'm a horrible shot with the iron sites. Is there a way to mount a scope on it "side saddle" that will allow the round to top eject, maintain iron site usefulness, and not require drilling holes in the rifle? Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

weav199

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very awkward. Have to hold your head to more of a left position. Felt very unnatural and uncomfortable to me. A few years ago I tried it a few weeks before rifle season, just couldn't get used to it. Took off the scope and just use the 94 for stalking/brush gun. Got a side eject mossy 30-30 that feels much better.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Williams receiver sight might be an option for you, too.

7856d1227943377-pics-request-williams-peep-sights-94bb-5.jpg

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another option is a scout mount with a scout scope (long eye relief) mounted far enough forward that it clears the ejection port. I would greatly prefer that setup to one of the offset mounts. For the ranges these rifles are usually used at, an unmagnified red dot works well too. They keep it nice, light, and handy.

XS makes a Leverscout mount for the '94. Unfortunately I think it requires drilling a couple holes in the front of the receiver on the TE models.

Latest posts

Top Bottom