windows 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't give a crap what other browser your enamored with. This thread is about windows 8

What a piece of shiet!!

As I'm browsing, different sites, I keep getting pages that mean nothing, maybe lists of apps, maybe data things that mean nothing, history things that mean nothing, WTF!!

Look in help, and ask why on google and get no responses. What a stupid program. Reminds me of going back to DOS.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't give a crap what other browser your enamored with. This thread is about windows 8

Are your error messages occurring in Windows 8, or within the browser packaged with windows 8 (IE 11)?

Aside from the stupid tablet-native Metro launch screen, and some crappy driver support, it's been functionally no different for me than Windows 7 in the year+ I have used it.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a new laptop on Black Friday that has Windows 8. It seems like it would be great on a tablet or something with a touch screen, but it is just annoying on a regular laptop like mine... mousing over certain areas of the screen (that are commonly moused over for other reasons) brings up menus I don't want, and that are easy to inadvertently click on.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a new laptop on Black Friday that has Windows 8. It seems like it would be great on a tablet or something with a touch screen, but it is just annoying on a regular laptop like mine... mousing over certain areas of the screen (that are commonly moused over for other reasons) brings up menus I don't want, and that are easy to inadvertently click on.

Exactly what I'm talking about,

And the fact you have to go to one screen to shut down, then go to another, then finally get to the shut down command. Why can't it be one click?

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I void warranties and I also downgrade to Windows 7 or XP should the need arise.

Windows 8 has been the new Vista and even newer ME.

Beyond that the problem sounds like bloatware or a virus. . . Avast has worked great for me for many years and it's free for the essential version.

DamnYankeeOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My new laptop has 8.1 on it. I hate the metro screen. I have mine configured to boot into the desktop with a Windows logo in the bottom left like Win7 to bring up the programs. The programs list is still Metro but at least I don't have that stupid metro start screen. There are programs that will give you the look of Win7 out there for free. I haven't tried any yet. I don't use IE. Haven't in years.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom