Wish they would get it right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen and heard this so often lately and the reporters need to get it straight. They report that at gun shows are so popular because there are no background checks required. It makes it sound like all gun sales at shows are this way. We all know different. Why is it reported this way? Should we set them straight someway?

Rhino55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The media lacks the ability to do proper research! Remeber for the media it is a "RATING GAME"! The higher the ratings the more you charge for airtime. When the media is held for what they broadcast to the veiwers, they are irresponible! The media gets sued on a regular bases but these settlements are kept behind close doors with a non-disclosre clause.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The media lacks the ability to do proper research! Remeber for the media it is a "RATING GAME"! The higher the ratings the more you charge for airtime. When the media is held for what they broadcast to the veiwers, they are irresponible! The media gets sued on a regular bases but these settlements are kept behind close doors with a non-disclosre clause.

+1... It's gun owners driving Piers Morgans ratings right now... Media spins everything. For it was the prophet Howard that said "I'd rather have a million listeners that despise me rather than 500k that adore me."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeppers....

.....if it bleeds, it leads.

While there are some good journalists out there, the ones controlling the stories are those in editor's offices and they choose what actually gets into the paper or on the TV news.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen and heard this so often lately and the reporters need to get it straight. They report that at gun shows are so popular because there are no background checks required. It makes it sound like all gun sales at shows are this way. We all know different. Why is it reported this way? Should we set them straight someway?

It's reported this way because most news organizations are controlled by Liberals. Set them straight all you want. They'll still report it as they wish.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Emotions are what build viewership, not thoughtful consideration of all the facts.

News broadcasts are really a terrible thing. They slant stories for maximum emotional impact. Truth? What's that?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most news media just wants to get the story "first" ,whether true or not. It's not about truth or researching facts on most stories. If you hear it enough you believe it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom