Word to the (not so) wise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not accepting of this peopel who mutilate themselves in order to look like a freak. Years ago they could have had a job in a circus as a freak but now it's somewhat common to appear different and the majority are unable to obtain a job. I wouldn't want them reroof my house or serve me a Big Mac meal but that's just me.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the cool thing about freedom. Free to look how you want, free to look for a job.
I know a guy with crappy tattoos all over his arms. He makes a decent living, has a great job. I know a chick with even more tattoos...sleeved arm, evil looking stuff. She a ridiculous amount of money and scoffs at "dress codes" that address visible tattoos.
I guess if you're valuable to the company, their standards are flexible.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think my face tattoo isn't that memorable.

SnakeFace.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the cool thing about freedom. Free to look how you want, free to look for a job.
I know a guy with crappy tattoos all over his arms. He makes a decent living, has a great job. I know a chick with even more tattoos...sleeved arm, evil looking stuff. She a ridiculous amount of money and scoffs at "dress codes" that address visible tattoos.
I guess if you're valuable to the company, their standards are flexible.
Pretty much in agreement with your comments. I know lots of folks in tats all over. Most put them where they can be hidden if needed, but not all.
I don't understand why, but it is their choice and I respect that.
That's called freedom.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is at least one company that likes it's employees tattooed with it's logo, in fact one get's a 15% raise. My thoughts, I do not want to be owned by a company I work for.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rapid-realty-gives-15-tattoo-raise-2013-5

Yeah ... There is an OHP trooper who has their gang patch tattooed on his arm. WTF?? Nobody has EVER paid me enough money to ink their logo onto my skin. Wear their polo shirt on Casual Fridays maybe but nothing I can't peel off and throw in the trash once I've moved on from their servitude.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah ... There is an OHP trooper who has their gang patch tattooed on his arm. WTF?? Nobody has EVER paid me enough money Wear their polo shirt on Casual Fridays maybe but nothing I can't peel off and throw in the trash once I've moved on from their servitude.
Nobody has EVER paid me enough money to ink their logo onto my skin. Wear their polo shirt on Casual Fridays maybe but nothing I can't peel off and throw in the trash once I've moved on from their servitude.

I never had a thought about tattooing an employer logo.

I once left servitude of a craphole. They handed me a laundry 🎒 bag for returning company uniforms.
Laundry pick up was Wednesday. I cleaned the dog kennel on Saturday and mixed in damp uniforms. Dropped off on Thursday. Watched as bag was thrown in closet of boss's office, with several other bags. Never heard from company, but a couple of co-worker friends reported a long lingering stench.

Latest posts

Top Bottom