Work Pants - Whatcha wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time for some new work pants...I do a lot of ditch diggin', pipe cutting/threading, wrenching, welding, electrical and a bunch of other construction type stuff. Indoors/outdoors, all weather.

I've been using Dickies cotton duck carpenter pants. They are inexpensive AND bullet proof. I have a few pairs that lasted over 3 years. Most blue jeans I've tried to work into the rotation haven't stood up.

What other brands/types are out there as durable as cotton duck that won't break the bank?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have to wear FR clothing. We do get to select what we wear around the Power plant, and the denim in the winter is not good. I get the Carhart cargo style.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I am doing refractory work and am going to be hard on my pants I wear the dickies duck brown pants from atwoods.

Normal service work I still wear my wrangler pro rodeo's that I've worn for years.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
carhart overalls and dickies. Gotta have the carpenter tool pocket for my 8" cresent and little channel locks. Insulated overalls gotta be FR unless 100% cotton, shirts and coats must be FR

Dennis, you gotta wear full FR there? I am in a gas plant and we only need shirts and coats . Can wear normal jeans. Only time full FR required is when you do electrical work on 440 or higher.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
carhart overalls and dickies. Gotta have the carpenter tool pocket for my 8" cresent and little channel locks. Insulated overalls gotta be FR unless 100% cotton, shirts and coats must be FR

Dennis, you gotta wear full FR there? I am in a gas plant and we only need shirts and coats . Can wear normal jeans. Only time full FR required is when you do electrical work on 440 or higher.

The only thing not FR is my undies and socks. The jeans are like wearing wet clothes in the winter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom