World's largest Wendy's franchise owner stands with Chick-fil-a after controversy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm showing support for a chick fil a here in oklahoma, because a owner of a chic fil a in illinois made some comment? Does the owner of your chic fil a share the same opinion? Why dont you go buy super large soft drinks because Bloomberg banned em in NYC?
Is the owner of you chic fil a even from oklahoma?

Who cares what Rahm Emanuel says?

I say if ya wanna support somebody, find a local burger shop and eat their chicken sandwich, in honor of chic fil a. Help a local business out.

I local hamburger shop like say Sonic('08 election cycle)?:anyone::rollingla

http://www.followthemoney.org/database/topcontributor.phtml?u=16036&y=2008&incs=0&ince=1&incf=0&incy=0

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will be business as usual. Nobody really cares about this whole thing anyway.

ding ding, we have a winner.

Yup, the lib MSM wouldn't touch this story with a 1000x telephoto lens and a 200 foot boom microphone. It makes Rahm Emanuel and all the libs look like they are against freedom of speech(1st Amendment Rights), but then they are(unless they(libs) can be the only ones to hold the microphone, be the only ones that can speak and advance their leftwing agenda).:pissed::rotflmao:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion:

1 - Chikfila makes the most disgusting sandwich ever. It's essentially a frozen patty from walmart, about as bland as you can get.

2 - Who cares what anybody in the food service industry thinks about anything political. You wound up in the food service industry because you failed at life, why would I be concerned with any of your opinions?

I just checked, the owner of Chick-fil A has not made any posts on OSA, ever. If only you had his paycheck....

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You wound up in the food service industry because you failed at life, why would I be concerned with any of your opinions?
Most of your "opinions" leave me thinking you are just young, angry and bitter (about what I don't know). This particular post makes me think you are some sort of elitist without justification. I don't know what you believe constitutes failing at life. Truett Cathy is worth over a billion, raised very successful children who love him and has likely given more to charity than the combined annual income of every member of this forum. If that is failing at life, bring on the failure.

I'm no big fan of Chik-fil-a. In fact, I don't get it. I go there on occasion because my kids love it. I always see a whole lot of moms and kids. This has to be their target market. These statements will probably make many of their fans even more loyal than they already are. Their more fervent support will likely offset whatever the boycott does to them. We'll never know since they are a private company.

Having said that, I don't see the motivation as a CEO to put your controversial beliefs on public record. Truett is retired. Let him go out and make those statements, not the acting CEO of the company. I also don't understand the huge uproar. This is one guy's opinion based on his Biblical beliefs. Disagree if you like. Where is the tolerance?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where is the tolerance?
That's just it sooners. Liberals demand tolerance from others, but give none themselves. They demand that the 1A be interpreted broadly (as long as they agree with what you are saying), while demanding that 2A be interpreted so narrowly as to not have any substance. Freaking hypocrites.

(Note: This isn't directed at kd5rjz, just elected liberal democrats like these dumbass mayors. A general observation if you will)

/rant

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhh, it's not about what the dude said. It's about the fact that he takes large amounts of his money and donates to groups that oppose equal marriage rights for homosexuals. And the money he earns and donates is derived from patronage of the restaurants. That is what the boycott is about.

But the political goons in Chicago and Boston are out of bounds, I agree. They don't need to be involved. They should let their constituents decide by where they spend their dollars.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uhh, it's not about what the dude said. It's about the fact that he takes large amounts of his money and donates to groups that oppose equal marriage rights for homosexuals. And the money he earns and donates is derived from patronage of the restaurants. That is what the boycott is about.

But the political goons in Chicago and Boston are out of bounds, I agree. They don't need to be involved. They should let their constituents decide by where they spend their dollars.

Whose business is it what he does with his money? Do I get a say in how you spend yours?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't get it, it's his own personal money. No different than Bloomberg or Soros funding their "goofy" causes except for this guy's "political views" and/or his religious views which is what I suspect draws out the ire. What I do get though, is a mayor or three saying you're not welcome in their city because they disagree with you on a political issue. That's fascism and it's just wrong. A little more than out of bounds...

Latest posts

Top Bottom