World's largest Wendy's franchise owner stands with Chick-fil-a after controversy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you really think people on this board wouldn't boycott a business if they found out the owner of that business was big into giving money to the brady campaign?

I don't know, we keep voting republican and those crazy bastards wrote the Brady law and passed the assault weapon ban of 86.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you really think people on this board wouldn't boycott a business if they found out the owner of that business was big into giving money to the brady campaign?

I really don't care if people boycott anything. I just think it is funny that the dumbing down of America has gone this far. There is really not a lot of hope for the future either. It is comical to me that people get all up in arms with how someone spends their own hard earned money. The morons in this country that pay no taxes whatsoever saying I don't pay my fair share.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whose business is it what he does with his money? Do I get a say in how you spend yours?

We absolutely get a say on whether or not we want to give him our money. It was MY money before I spent it there. I get to decide which businesses earn it and which ware not deserving.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts, random and poorly punctuated and/or organized of course. The Chik Fil A guy has beliefs, he is firm enough in those beliefs to put them above monetary gain (closing on Sunday). The GLBT (if I missed a letter sue me, I'm old and have trouble keeping up)don't like his views because their views (and self interest) are served by opposing views, Ok so don't eat there. I think the line was crossed when mayors (who are elected to serve all the citizens) take one side and seek to do damage to the other, I don't think that's fair.Both sides are entitled to their opinions. But, it seems one side or the other immediately goes in to the scorched earth type campaign and seeks to ruin the other, regardless of how much real damage it does to real people. Where is all the compassion and forgiveness that both sides profess to believe in? This is why there is a shortage of genuinely good and decent people to run for office. They are not willing to take the abuse involved to get elected.And how about the Westboro Baptist Church? I know my own personal opinion of them has been formed basically by media acounts (and yes we all trust the media 100% don't we) I certainly don't know any of them and with what interviews I've seen of their reverend certianly were'nt cut to enhance her likeability. I do think it is just as insulting and nonproductive to slap that label on anyone as it is to photo shop a sitting president to look like a Mullah or Adolf Hitler. We don't seem so willing to judge someone by the content of their character as to denigrate and belittle that character so others cannot have a fair chance a making their own judgements.What does Obama's birth place have to do with his ability to lead this country? For me ( rich old white native American guy) it's his ideas that concern me. I think one of the most damaging flaws any leader can have, is to not realize he can't save everyone. Sometimes that means sending young men and women in harms way around the world. Sometimes it means an 16 year old unwed mother is going to die trying to give birth to a child who did not make it either. If you like to products and service at a business, patronize them. If service and products are bad don't. If you can't get past a statement one of the owner makes (about His beliefs and the is and has been steadfast in) I can see not patronizing the business, But I cannot see trying to close the business down or bully it in some way trying to get it to re-cant it's views.When elected officials use the "bully pulpit" to publicly attack and attempt to humiliate or chastise a business and/or it's ownership for a personal and fairly wideheld (in society)belief, I believe they have overstepped there authority, what acutual damage did the owner of Chik Fil A perpetuate on GLBTRXSA, force them (of their own volition) to eat at Popeyes? Ok he doesn't like some thing you believe you have the right to, so what. Did he say he would not serve you? Did he say he would not hire you? Has he even asked any one's sexual orientation? Personally, I'll never eat at Chik Fil A, I hate chicken. No one seems willing to have honest debate about issues, in the media or on this board. When one of the first things that comes out is a comparason to the Westboro Baptist Churh, The civil part of the debate was no more. If we're go to throw in hurtful accusations, they discussion won't take any where except back to the original conflict, and people will be a little more entrenched and a littlemore coarsened, so when the real deal comes along, will anyone recognize it or will they pass it by and keep seeking the advantage,

Last edited:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cards81fan said:
We absolutely get a say on whether or not we want to give him our money. It was MY money before I spent it there. I get to decide which businesses earn it and which ware not deserving.

Or which one makes a good enough product you don't give a damn about what their beliefs are. I believe the the makers of the Kahr pistols have some odd ball religious belief but their pistols carry so well I couldn't care less.

I agree totally with people either not patronizing CFA or going out of their way to patronize them. The mayors are way out of line. Just think in another town with the tables turned how pissed the left would be. Say denying building permits to a company based on their support of the Brady campaign. They'd be pissed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom