World's largest Wendy's franchise owner stands with Chick-fil-a after controversy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotcha, but I am getting the very distinct impression that many of the people lining up want to say its about free speech when it really is about "those silly gays". A lot of people really seem to be obsessed with the gays, man - and that is pretty unhealthy.

+1 to this. Well put.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can buy that. So long as the word is applied equally to all under the law, I don't think much should be made of it. Let all consenting parties get a civil union license from the state. Let whatever groups or churches or persons perform whatever marriage ceremony for whom they see fit.

But if the law says one nuptial is a marriage, and the other nuptial is a civil union, and the only difference is the gender of those involved, I find it discriminatory. It's that whole "separate but equal" thing.

That's it...I'm running for office some day. Problem solved.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotcha, but I am getting the very distinct impression that many of the people lining up want to say its about free speech when it really is about "those silly gays". A lot of people really seem to be obsessed with the gays, man - and that is pretty unhealthy.

I get the distinct impression that it is over free speech. This whole thing started when someone asked the guy his personal beliefs. He didn't just go and call a press conference and espouse his beliefs, he was asked. When he gave an honest answer people flipped the heck out and a support day was organized to counter the media hatchet job that ensued. Seriously? Are people surprised at the guy's view? Honestly? How did they think he was going to answer it?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's it...I'm running for office some day. Problem solved.

i.imgur.com_8ox4I.gif

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the distinct impression that it is over free speech. This whole thing started when someone asked the guy his personal beliefs. He didn't just go and call a press conference and espouse his beliefs, he was asked. When he gave an honest answer people flipped the heck out and a support day was organized to counter the media hatchet job that ensued. Seriously? Are people surprised at the guy's view? Honestly? How did they think he was going to answer it?

This is exactly my point of view! Mr. Cathy never said anything until he was ask the question and then all of a sudden everybody is butt hurt over the answer. Pun not intended...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, get the partisan BS out of here. Don't try to spin it this way. This isn't left v right, conservative v liberal, Repub v Dem. It's not even Christian v Atheist.

This is squarely those who wish to limit the rights of a people they feel inferior, versus those who support an equal right to marriage for all consenting individuals.

Again, it's not about the beliefs of Dan Cathy. It's not about the fact he openly voiced those beliefs. It's about the actions he takes based on those convictions, namely how he donates his money. So those who support marriage equality look to avoid giving his company their money to prevent it from being spend on causes they oppose. To say it backfired is a bit short-sighted; they didn't spend any money there, did they?

If you really believe that you are terribly naive.

The man was asked about his personal views and gave them, lefty political types and their media cronies went ballistic. The few gay groups that gave a crap tried to organize a boycott and the left tried to use that as a weapon to back Cathy down since he donates to several right wing and Christan groups. Word got out and Huckabee called for a CFA day. Yesterday was the result.

You did notice that all the news was about what he said until after news of the CFA day began to spread didn't you? Then the lefties had to find a cover for their attempt to stop free speech. This is very common nowadays. You can say anything you want, as long as it agrees with the lefty line. Say something they disagree with and watch the crap storm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom