XBox 360 vs PS3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Better games
Better chat and multiplayer party and chat system both in and out of game.
Controller is better

Red ring and disk read errors were addressed in their systems over 6 years ago.

Playstation is so backwards and incompetent they refuse to throw away the controller mold from the first gen playstation.
Minecraft and xbox live arcade games are also awesome.
Xbox consoles have wifi too..

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned both since the release and I have had both fail, the Xbox failed twice and it took the ps3 a lot longer to fail. PS3 has much better technology in it, Xbox has a bigger multiplayer pool.

Ps3 stuck with the same controller design because it works but the controller is a matter of preference. That said I thought about selling my Xbox and a ton of games if your interested.

I have a PS4 and I love it, Battlefield 4 is where it is. Use to be a COD guy but BF4 is more realistic, larger maps, plus airplanes, helicopters, boats, and tanks and you have to compensate for bullet drop and those kind of things. Not to mention that Bungie, the guys who make Halo, is releasing a new title for both systems.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son and I like the PS controls better, comes down to preference I guess. Does the 360 have built in WiFi? Back when I was comparing them it didn't, so that was a check for the PS3.
Although to be honest if I were looking I'd probably get a new console, the Xbox one or PS 4.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have owned both since the release and I have had both fail, the Xbox failed twice and it took the ps3 a lot longer to fail. PS3 has much better technology in it, Xbox has a bigger multiplayer pool.

Ps3 stuck with the same controller design because it works but the controller is a matter of preference. That said I thought about selling my Xbox and a ton of games if your interested.

I have a PS4 and I love it, Battlefield 4 is where it is. Use to be a COD guy but BF4 is more realistic, larger maps, plus airplanes, helicopters, boats, and tanks and you have to compensate for bullet drop and those kind of things. Not to mention that Bungie, the guys who make Halo, is releasing a new title for both systems.

That would be awesome if I hadn't just ordered a 360!

I like the abailability of cheap games on the last gen systems.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bundle came with 4 games (it was the Best Buy 250gb bundle), I've ordered 5 more. Gave myself a budget of $300, and kept in it so far... more or less! I've gone over by only $6, and that includes buying a second controller.

Gears of War is free for the next two weeks as part of the "games with gold" promotion.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sony has said that they will continue to make games for the PS3 for years to come like they did with the PS2. That alone makes the PS3 superior. The 360 will be forgotten and the PS3 will still be chugging along.

Latest posts

Top Bottom