Yes, I'm going there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything you have vomited onto this tread is asinine and off point. I don't care that there are gay people out there. I don't care if they are getting married. I certainly don't care what they do behind closed doors. Further, I don't shun people because they are gay. What you cannot accept is the fact that I get to choose what I believe and what to teach my children without the consultation of people like you. Calling me names because of my opinion on a subject is every bit as intolerant as what you were accusing me of when you called me a homophobe or any of that other nonsense that you spewed earlier. Grow up and try not to be a hypocrit.

You have a right to have intolerant thoughts towards homosexuals and homosexuality just as much as you have the right to dislike blacks, the handicapped, people with blonde hair, etc. However, that doesn't make it right, and to project that intolerance onto children is ignorant, and in this case, homophobic.

In the animal kingdom, infanticide and cannibalism are common also. How does homosexuality occurring in the animal kingdom make it normal?

I still would rather see the government out of the marriage dept., and out of the "you have to provide to XXXXX group or we crack the whip" dept.

Cannibalism was, and still is, practiced in many human cultures, however, there's no physical and biological evidence determining cannibalism abilities like there is for homosexuality, so again we're comparing apples to oranges here. The physical evidence is what makes this normal.

Totally agreed on that last part. Until the Government is out of the game all together, I'm just glad we're one step closer to true equality for all.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my opinion:

If two gay people want to marry, I don't care. They are Americans and ought to be entitled to the same rights as all other Americans.

If you don't like gay marriage, don't enter into one. :brick: Seriously, if you do not approve of homosexuals because of religious beliefs, personal beliefs or you simply do not like them, then simply stay away from them. No one is forcing you to participate in gay activities.

That being said no church should be forced to marry a gay couple. Respect goes both ways (pardon the pun). Gay folks should not attempt to force people, who have strongly held religious convictions, to participate in or sanction their lifestyles.

However, I don't think a gay person should be discriminated against at a job. Unfortunately, that happens.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You have a right to have intolerant thoughts towards homosexuals and homosexuality just as much as you have the right to dislike blacks, the handicapped, people with blonde hair, etc. However, that doesn't make it right, and to project that intolerance onto children is ignorant, and in this case, homophobic.

Cannibalism was, and still is, practiced in many human cultures, however, there's no physical and biological evidence determining cannibalism abilities like there is for homosexuality, so again we're comparing apples to oranges here. The physical evidence is what makes this normal.

Totally agreed on that last part. Until the Government is out of the game all together, I'm just glad we're one step closer to true equality for all.

I see it irks you greatly, but you simply do not get to decide how people raise their kids. You better go make that first million while you still know everything.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's my opinion:

If two gay people want to marry, I don't care. They are Americans and ought to be entitled to the same rights as all other Americans.

If you don't like gay marriage, don't enter into one. :brick: Seriously, if you do not approve of homosexuals because of religious beliefs, personal beliefs or you simply do not like them, then simply stay away from them. No one is forcing you to participate in gay activities.

That being said no church should be forced to marry a gay couple. Respect goes both ways (pardon the pun). Gay folks should not attempt to force people, who have strongly held religious convictions, to participate in or sanction their lifestyles.

However, I don't think a gay person should be discriminated against at a job. Unfortunately, that happens.

That's pretty much what I was getting at. It's none of my business what people do in their lives and I wish they'd stop making spectacles of themselves. Me and JB don't agree often, but I think we do here.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see it irks you greatly, but you simply do not get to decide how people raise their kids. You better go make that first million while you still know everything.

You're taking it very personal and he is not. It's obvious that it irks you a lot more than him. Stop irking yourself, brother.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you simply do not get to decide how people raise their kids. You better go make that first million while you still know everything.

You're right, I don't, but if you want to openly admit you teach your kids intolerance, than expect to be criticized just as you would if you taught your kids that blacks are an inferior people.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd add that it is your right to raise your own children as you see fit as long as you are not abusing them.

I never understood the concept of home schooling. Personally, I wouldn't do it, simply because of what I perceive to be the lack of socialization. However, it's not my place to tell anyone how to raise their kids.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my opinion:

I agree 100% with every word, but most especially the bolded part. Unless you are gay, the DOMA ruling has no effect whatsoever on you.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to say I don't care how you raise your kids or what you teach them, but that's not true. I DO care, and it makes me sad to see bigotry in any form being passed onto the next generation. That being said, I recognize that it's not my place to dictate how you raise your children and can only hope and pray that you don't succeed in completely closing their minds before they're old enough to start making up their own minds about the world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom