Zero Turn Mowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in the market for a ZTR mower for mowing a residential lawn. Just over an acre and fairly flat except for one area that is sloped. Not looking for the cheapest, but the best value for the buck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How persnickety are you on your lawn's appearance? If you are picky you'll want a stamped deck. Welded/fabricated decks are bomb proof but they just don't cut as "cleanly" as stamped. Just a data point to consider. Another is that you can't mow for a couple of days after a good rain and sometimes it's more or else you'll rut your yard. Also consider if you will be bagging and weigh those options.

I bought a baseline Toro Timesaver and had the mulch kit installed. So far it's been good. It's overkill but it suits the reason I bought it. Time saving. It does that in spades...

bpsooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just purchased a Kubota z412 48 inch cut with the Kawasaki engine. Kubota makes a great piece of equipment. Very heavy duty. Cross between residential and commercial. I am looking forward to mowing season

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a Hustler raptor with the Kawasaki engine. Bought it on the recommendation of our Facilities guy at work (he knows his stuff)

Been running strong for four years.
I second it. I have a 2020 Raptor 52” with the 23HP Kawasaki engine and it has been great. I too have a little over an acre. I can knock it out quick. I can raise the deck with a foot pedal as well and the engine is covered by a big guard on the back. It cuts really good too. My dad has a 2021 Cub Cadet with the same engine and his does not cut nearly as good as mine does.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hustler Fastrak here. Bought it used in 2009 I think. It’s a 2006 model with 19 hp Kawasaki with a 48” deck. Hustler has some of the fastest blade tip speeds out there. That makes for a premium cut!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second it. I have a 2020 Raptor 52” with the 23HP Kawasaki engine and it has been great. I too have a little over an acre. I can knock it out quick. I can raise the deck with a foot pedal as well and the engine is covered by a big guard on the back. It cuts really good too. My dad has a 2021 Cub Cadet with the same engine and his does not cut nearly as good as mine does.
Yep, I can vouch for the lack of quality cutting on the Cub Cadet. I bought one years back to mow 3.5 acres when I lived out in Blanchard. While I never had any issues with the motor, I was constantly having to work on the deck of that thing. Blades sucked, the drive pulley mount wasn't sturdy enough. It would work it's way loose a little bit and cause constant belt slips. Better mowers can be found, even in that same price range.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom