Another day another softball game.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mini Queen’s team won one and lost one.

The loss was marred by bad officiating. It probably still been a loss.

Team A runners weren’t touching first Team B ‘s coach pointed this out to two officials the field official one didnt know what to do the home plate went to team A’s coach and said they say your runners aren’t touching first.

Last edited:

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another good game. Same two bad umpires.
Another loss but close game.
They allowed the opposing team’s coach (3rd base) on the field while play was in progress. Not just a step he was standing next to third through the whole play.
I guess Elk City doesn’t believe in coaching boxes.
Would it have changed the outcome? On this one it might have.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Canes won another double header.
6 and under tee softball. I love the way they play, they’re fearless.
Their only loss was / should have been a game in which they run ruled their opponent but no one kept track of the batting order.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The loss was marred by bad officiating.
I've been to a bunch of soccer games this spring, and I've seen more lousy officiating than I can ever recall seeing. I mean, you expect refs to miss some stuff and make occasional mistakes, but some of the officiating I saw was hilariously bad--and the worst of it was in games before or after the game I was there to see, games where I had no allegiance to either squad.

I saw two different teams get completely shafted by the same terrible sideline ref in a tournament in Cleveland. That dude called players offside when they clearly weren't, didn't call them offside when they clearly were, didn't call obvious fouls, and gave a red card on a play that wasn't even a foul. The center ref and the other sideline ref weren't nearly as bad, but they weren't exactly good, either. (My niece's team, who played the game between those two games, was so much better than their opponent that even those yellow-shirted buffoons weren't a factor, but those two games were decided by one goal.)

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dover boys basketball played Deer Creek of Edmond in a Cashion basketball tournament. The referees were obviously against Dover and would call the most minor infraction on them and let the other team slide.

My coach was not oblivious to this fact and was pissed the referees were calling us in the lane too fast when Deer Creek missed a free throw thereby giving them another chance.

Before the next Deer Creek free throw, the coach called a timeout. He emphatically told us he wanted no one, not one player to move one inch from the assigned space he was standing at the free throw area of the goal. He said act like your feet are nailed to the floor. DO NOT MOVE! He did want us to act like we couldn't wait to get the ball but do not move. Guess what, we were called for being in the lane too quick again. You should have heard the boos and cat calls against the referees.
I had heard the next week both referees lost their certifications.

Latest posts

Top Bottom