First Time Pistol Shooter, What to Teach?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, he did well. Good… next up, get ahold of a 500sw or a stout load in a .44 mag… let him touch one of those off to bring him down to earth, lmao

I’ve had new shooters do great with the .22lr handguns. Then even hold their own with a 9mm… if they start getting cocky let them touch off a magnum revolver load and it’ll put them back in their newbie place.

If they hit accurately with the magnum revolver and come back for more… at that point look into the family and see if the young fellow can marry a daughter or granddaughter etc

Haha!

OneMoreEvan

Snake Eater
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 things
1st, AKA most important rule of firearms... Always have fun.
2nd, you can tell if a weapon is loaded by how heavy it feels.
3rd, Always keep your finger on the trigger since you never know when you could be attacked.
Hope this helps 🫡

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first started handgunning, the goal was putting shots in the same hole or really to the same hole, leaving a ragged hole sized group @5-7 yards. Then shooting at distance wasnt so wild. My opinion as far as slow fire goes, if you cant do that then you should continue to strive for it before you shoot further targets or get into rapid fire work. For the people Ive worked with, it changed their entire life with pistols. They were irritated at their trainers in LE academies or whatever they had to do to get their badge for failing to teach what should be the foundation of all handgunning. IMO

And like another member commented, if they can do excellent shots with 44 magnums, thats a really solid shooter in my book. 🇺🇸

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So this is what he shot today, nice group but high. I didn't have my MantisX trainer on the pistol today, so I couldn't see what it said. What would make a shooter shoot high? I can diagnosis low left, but high and slightly right I have no clue? He did better on the silhouette target, but it has a bigger accuracy zone.

PXL_20240601_152443966.jpg

Edit: Added his silhouette target.

PXL_20240601_153014582.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom