Sewer issue oh the fun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes we have turds floating down the street at work. For some reason there is a 10" line on our property that has a riser that is covered by what looks like a water meter vault and lid. Last week it backed up and started flowing down the street. The smell is great let me tell you.

Plumber came out this morning and ran 100' of snake down the line and hit nothing. Called the shop and the boss brought out their jetter machine. 132' in they hit a blockage that they couldn't get past. City main is flowing as it should.

Waiting on the city crew to come out and confirm if the 10" line is our problem or theirs. If its theirs then we might be in luck. If not, well the boss will be shelling out some serious $$.

Plumber is ready to run a camera and locator down the line to find the blockage. Hoping they don't have to. We are probably already at 700 in costs for just this morning.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waiting on the city crew to come out and confirm if the 10" line is our problem or theirs. If its theirs then we might be in luck.

I hope your city guys work that fast. You could end up with a open cesspool if they don't have the funds to fix it quick. Yuk.:lookaroun

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SoonerBorn: Do you want pics of the corn to?

How can you have over 140 feet of pipe from curbside to the main? 147 feet in the camera hit the collasped pipe. 3' shy of the main. And yes the main is flowing all around.

Already facing a bill for nearly 1000. They will credit back 600 if we do the sewer repair through them. Thats only going to cost another 1800 or so if they do that.

Now my boss has to decide if he is going to pony up and pay to fix a sewer line that is broken on someone else's property.

On that note. I'm finally going to lunch. Going to wash my hands in acid even though I didn't touch a thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom