Short Barrel Shotgun teaser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So here is the only teaser I'm giving out before Honeybee gets it finished. The barrel is blued for now, but not for long. I'm going to have him refinish the entire shotgun with a fresh parkerizing.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_SBS.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Park'd finish with wood? I don't know man, I love the wood on an HD shotty, but its almost got to be matched against a deep blue.

Looks awesome from the pic though man - who did the chop/port?

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a factory Remington 14" barrel from Vang Comp. It has the full Vang Comp System on it.

I originally ordered a parkerized barrel with the bead sight. I got a call back last week from someone at VC. Aparently Remington does not make a 14" parkerized barrel with the bead sight. The lady that took my initial order was a little confused.

I told them to send the blued barrel. I wanted the factory pedestal mounted bead sight. I like it much better than the alternative.

I have always said this shotgun would be parkerized. I have to agree it is a bit of a stretch to put stained wood with parkerized metal. I'll just have to look at the shotgun a bit more with the blued barrel and forend. It does look good.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resolution to the problem. Parkerize this shotgun. On the next SBS(because you can't own just one), I'll hunt down an old blued wingmaster police shotgun. And run a blued 14" barrel on it.

How does that sound.

Although considering I bought this shotgun back in November and have yet to put a single round through it. I think my next project will be some time down the road.

Need to get an SBR done first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom