Where to pattern a shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've never really had a need to pattern a shotgun until recently but I'm not really sure where to go around Mustang to do it? My main issue is time (especially during daylight) - I don't have much of it, so the closer to Mustang the better. I know I can go to Big Boys but I would prefer to pattern outside (besides, shotgun indoors is OBNOXIOUS!).

Any recommendations? Or do I just need to shut up and run out to OKCGC or Fouled Bore where I know I can get it done?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, I don't know if possible, but Henry's (name may have changed, if still open) or Gene Sear's (Shotgun World, is new name, IIRC)

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Henry's is now OKC Tactical and I don't think they would be down with it, and I have never shot at Gene's trap range, but a friend said he didn't think they had any spot to pattern on their range, but again I've never been out there - I'll call later today and see what they both say.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly I would just swing down to Lexington WMA to pattern. Free and easy. Just keep an eye on your stuff. It is a little further than big boys and maybe a little further than gene Sears.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I should mention this in the other thread, but we used to go to the bridge just south of Union City
as a teen. But Sherriff stopped that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom