My kydex/leather holster for my lcp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres a holster i made a few weeks ago. I can draw it easily and it fits very well. I plan to make another with a little more slide clearance because im getting some wear

ai933.photobucket.com_albums_ad177_davs2601_2ca7e5d6.jpg

ai933.photobucket.com_albums_ad177_davs2601_5dd8c698.jpg

[Broken External Image]
ai933.photobucket.com_albums_ad177_davs2601_c8864635.jpg

ai933.photobucket.com_albums_ad177_davs2601_1d315f4e.jpg

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is actually easy to unholster. I slip my thumb behind and get under grip with my ring finger. I pinch with my thumb and first knuckle on my pointer finger. It was difficult to find the perfect height and its also tough because the gun is so small.

All in all i can draw it faster than my owb holster for my xd40

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
your work looks nice.

suggestions.... (if i may?)

on small guns with short grips and short barrels, cant the gun a lot farther forward. This tips more of the grip above the belt, and more meat below for the holster to hang onto.

Leave about a fingers width between the top of the grip just below the trigger guard, and the belt line.

Dont let the trigger guard or the ejection port on the slide area dimple in. This causes the holster to drag down the entire length of the gun.

Use cardboard carefully taped in place in the ejection port to keep it from dimpling in. Much smoother draw.

use the end of an ink pin or drill bit to put a small, single dimple right behind the front of the trigger guard. Once it pops past the dimple, its a smooth draw.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice nano. Some real good info. At first i had chicago screws on my clips to allow for adjustability height wise and for the cant, but i cut my leather incorrectly abd it wouldbt allow any more height in the rear

abbazabba73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that looks nice man, i do holsters as well, ugly brother customs, i make the leather go up for a sweat guard and no kydex. i do like what youve done though, good job!

Latest posts

Top Bottom