Had some work done to the Mil-Spec.. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharingan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I figured since I have enjoyed this so much I could show some of the work off as well. :P

Started off with a stock Springer Mil-Spec, Parkerized model Gov't. Here she is brand new. :D

(Sorry the picture quality is horrid I know, but you get the idea..)

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_stockleona.jpg

Well, after my CCW class/permit, and a new holster.. I only treated myself to one other accessory right off the bat..

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_stockleonawithgrips.jpg

:mean:

So next I bought a couple of the wilsons 47d mags , one of them the low carry profile.. 47dc I think it is. Anyway..

After that I got to meet my gunsmith, who has been quite good to me, lol. Dr. Barry Greyson talked me out of sticking with the parts I was set on using (thanks again, haha).. In exchange for higher quality , which I am now beyond pleased with. Lets see if I can remember all that was asked of the good doctor..

Egw Custom Barrel Bushing
Wilsons Ultralight Match Trigger
25 lpi stainless mainspring housing ( believe its 25)
C&S Hammer, Sear, Disconnector kit etc. set at 3.7lb trigger pull
TM hammer strut
S&A Beavertail GS
Billet thumb safety.. (cant remember if its ed brown or egw)
Polished feed ramp etc.

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture001.jpg

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture002.jpg

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture004.jpg

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture003.jpg

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture007.jpg

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture008.jpg

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture009.jpg

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture010.jpg

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture013.jpg

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_Picture014.jpg

Finally got to take my sweet 'Leona' to the range.. Oh did I mention her name was Leona, well it is. :cool:

So here are the results at 10 yards.. I would have set it at 15, but I am damn near blind and while I can shoot center mass- I broke my glasses so I cant see the bullet holes at 10 yards.. Lol.

ai425.photobucket.com_albums_pp334_Djmeiyo_IMG00140.jpg

Red- Aiming for head on 2nd primer strike.
Blue- Aiming for body on 2nd primer strike
.380 1911

Went to Heartland Outdoors with a friend, who shoots a .45 XD. Shot 150 rounds of reloads they had. These were by far the worst reloads I have ever gotten the opportunity to shoot (which turned out to be quite a beautiful thing). They were 16.99 a box I would like to say?

I believe out of just the 150 I shot alone, I must have had about two mags of cartridges that ended up being duds.. and a large amount of primers I had to strike twice to fire. I labeled these with the Red, and Blue circles- While I was still aiming down range I wasnt particularly paying attention I was just attempting to see if these rounds would fire a 2nd primer strike...., and Yellow circles represent a gentlemans .380 1911 he let me try, Lol... IT WAS SO COOL I WANT ONE. NOW. lol

My friend and his XD Tactical had about the same amount of dud rounds, except he was getting stove pipes, and re-chambering issues all day long with this ammo. We would fire rounds and they would have a very large recoil like it was a very heavy self defense round or too much powder.. then the next shot would have almost no recoil at all.

My friends XD up till the experience at the range today, has had absolutely no problems, all previous errors were due to operation follies on his part. He has put, at least that I know of, a good 1500 rounds through it, before today that is.

I however, HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CHAMBERING ISSUES, FAILURES TO FEED, OR STOVEPIPES THE ENTIRE TIME, and I shot a box more of this ammo then he did. Even with all that bad ammo, it sat down and went boom everytime except for the fully useless ammo that wouldnt go off.

Hows that for reliability? ;)

In any case, I will say after all is said and done. Dr. Barry gets my A-ok hell yeah stamp of approval. This pistol has met and exceeded my expectations, I am beyond happy about spending my $$ on such work. :respect:

I however am not done yet.. Next will be new dovetail cuts and a set of the novaks. :)

And I need to find out which finish Im going to have Leona wearing when I finally make up my mind.

-Will

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nice weapon. not trying to hijack, but where did you get the wilson mags? i'm wanting to get a couple, but don't want to wait on the mail.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very nice. I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I have a GI model that I've been working on here and there, it's a slow process but it's coming along.

Here's my before pic:
ai680.photobucket.com_albums_vv162_robar_g19_SDC10798.jpg

After a C&S 4.5 lb trigger pull kit, a S&A beavertail, Ed Brown chainlink mainspring housing, VZ grips, and having the gun bead blasted.
Here's my work in progress pic:
ai680.photobucket.com_albums_vv162_robar_g19_SDC10927.jpg

Sharingan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Robar... Have you ever seen Devil May Cry? Its a gamer series... In any case the main character, Dante, has two 1911-esque style long slide custom pistols. One is black the other is stainless. They have inverted contrasting themes... http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Ebony_%26_Ivory .

Im going to obtain a stainless 1911 like yours and do the same scheme I have going on now just inverted with the contrasting parts/grips/ etc. Heheh

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Never seen Devil may cry, but that's a really cool idea for a set of pistols.
IF I mean WHEN I get another 1911 I think I'm gonna go with a commander and have it flat black with dark wood grips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom