Had my latest approved, but it took some work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are always delayed, can't you get a UPIN?
I'm always delayed. 100% of the time because my DL was stolen in Mexico, and evidently stolen with a new pic put on it back when Ok only laminated it. Small cut, insert new pic, reseal and go along.
The DL was recovered after a hit and run accident, left on the seat when the driver ran.
Warrant put out for my arrest in Florida. A state I had never visited.
It's a long story about how I found out about the warrant but got my lawyer on it and he sent work records and other data showing I was not in Florida at the time. Later finding out the fake pic had been inserted.
But the warrant had been issued. Feds seem to have picked that up at that time as it was an out of state blah, blah.
This was in the mid 90's. It's haunted me to this day. More than one FFL has told me that a UPIN wouldn't help with that situation in my background.
Fed law says the NICS background check has to be discarded after getting approval to purchase a firearm. Evidently, they are following that, or attempting to show they follow that by denying me every danged time.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm always delayed. 100% of the time because my DL was stolen in Mexico, and evidently stolen with a new pic put on it back when Ok only laminated it. Small cut, insert new pic, reseal and go along.
The DL was recovered after a hit and run accident, left on the seat when the driver ran.
Warrant put out for my arrest in Florida. A state I had never visited.
It's a long story about how I found out about the warrant but got my lawyer on it and he sent work records and other data showing I was not in Florida at the time. Later finding out the fake pic had been inserted.
But the warrant had been issued. Feds seem to have picked that up at that time as it was an out of state blah, blah.
This was in the mid 90's. It's haunted me to this day. More than one FFL has told me that a UPIN wouldn't help with that situation in my background.
Fed law says the NICS background check has to be discarded after getting approval to purchase a firearm. Evidently, they are following that, or attempting to show they follow that by denying me every danged time.
Yea IDK that a UPIN would help with that. I think it's for names that are enough alike with a felon that you always get flagged for delay so they can determine that you aren't the felon. I shocked that I've never been delayed. There's a chap in Tulsa with the same name as me. I don't know that he's a felon but he's been sued and seems to owe about everyone on the planet money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom