Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms

Default Former Oklahoma American Legion official is charged, stole Legion ceremony weapons

Former American Legion adjutant David Austin Kellerman is charged with embezzlement

A former official with the Oklahoma American Legion is accused of selling ceremonial military rifles for his own personal profit.

David Austin Kellerman, a U.S. Marine veteran, is charged in Canadian County District Court with embezzlement.

If convicted of the felony, Kellerman, 43, of Mustang, faces up to five years in prison.

The U.S. Army loans military rifles to American Legion posts across the country. The rifles are supposed to be returned if posts are closed or they are no longer needed.

Kellerman was the adjutant for the Oklahoma American Legion from September 2003 to December 2011, according to a court affidavit.

One gun buyer claimed to have purchased approximately 120 rifles from Kellerman in 2012 for $350 each, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security agent wrote in the affidavit.

Investigators reported recovering 23 of the stolen rifles.

Kellerman was arrested Jan. 17 at an Oklahoma City hotel during the Oklahoma American Legion's Mid-Winter Conference. He is free on a $25,000 bond.

His defense attorney, Kevin Krahl, said, “He denies that he did anything that they have accused him of.”

Kellerman currently is on probation for a 2012 drunken-driving offense and marijuana possession offense.

http://newsok.com/former-oklahoma-am...rticle/3926691
    "All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." Old Fart.
    ** Old Farts Feedback **

Default Re: Former Oklahoma American Legion official is charged, stole Legion ceremony weapon

what kind of rifles?

Default Re: Former Oklahoma American Legion official is charged, stole Legion ceremony weapon

Not sure but a pretty low thing to do.
    "All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." Old Fart.
    ** Old Farts Feedback **

The pot made him do it...
    Stay Safe,
    HT

Quote Originally Posted by reddog1 View Post
    So many people on this board visit the weenie hut on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerHT View Post
    The pot made him do it...
    yes, pot is always THE common denominator in these situations.

Finding the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything!

What an idiot, and disgrace.
    You say filthy Squid like it's a bad thing!

A warrior is non judgmental, we do not judge others, for judgement is the providence
    of GOD alone. We however, are charged with arranging the meeting.

My view on politics in a nut shell. It's all Elephants and Asses Screwing the Masses!

Quote Originally Posted by BadgeBunny View Post
    My take on all this is that God has a righteous sense of humor and said "Hey!! St. Pete ... that guy's playing with those friggin' snakes again ... Hold my wineglass and watch this!"

real dishonor

Quote Originally Posted by cznick View Post
    real dishonor
    +1
    I'm currently Post Adjutant and in charge of our rifles. Last several years I've had to complete an inventory every 3 years and sign off on it before sending it to TACOM.
    Didn't used to have to do that. Seems they're keeping better track of their weapons.
    Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured, but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

Stealing from fellow vets. I mean really?
    ** Old Farts Feedback **