Galco Ankle Glove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, searched the threads, didn't find anything.

Does anybody here have any firsthand experience with Galco Gunleather's Ankle Glove? Been looking at one for a while, just don't know. The Blackhawk ankle holster I have, blows... Any suggestions? I looked at the Alessi ankle holster but there's not a calf strap option and I'm afraid it would walk all over the place

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried one a few years back along with a DeSantis for my back up.
Hated them, got in the way to much. Actually got snagged on a fence once, if you havent hung by your ankle before you havnt lived..
Most people either love or hate them. There is no middle ground

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, broke down and got one. The Ankle Glove came in the mail today... So far, much, much better than the cheap one I was trying to use from Blackhawk... Just have to get used to carrying on the ankle, may take some time

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know. What are you carrying? I've considered one, but I wear 8" combat boots... I don't think it'll ride that high. That would be more of a "calf" holster.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know. What are you carrying? I've considered one, but I wear 8" combat boots... I don't think it'll ride that high. That would be more of a "calf" holster.

Gen 4 G26, may end up getting another one for my P938; and I would have to get the extender to wear it higher, I am not fat by any means, I just have really awesome calves and there's no way this is going around them

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gen 4 G26, may end up getting another one for my P938; and I would have to get the extender to wear it higher, I am not fat by any means, I just have really awesome calves and there's no way this is going around them

I thought of carrying my G27 in one but like you said, I'd need to ride it up high, and that makes it more problematic in drawing from concealment. I just don't like that solution...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I carry a 27 in one, have for a couple of years. I don't think there's any chance there's enough holster/velcro to reach around a high calf, and I don't have Lou Ferrigno legs either :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom