Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Thread: glock cleaning

Default glock cleaning

I've recently purchused a used glock 17. However, it did not come with the brush. Could someone point me to the best place to purchuse the cleaning brush and supplies in Tulsa. Also, since this is my first glock, any cleaning tips?

Thanks,

Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.

Default Re: glock cleaning

Those things are dishwasher safe aren't they?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Recession When your neighbor loses his job.
    Depression When you lose your job.
    Recovery When Obama loses his.

walmart
    Okiemountaineer

Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    we have been numbed to accepting the drivel from the government as truth

We are a bunch of pu$$y's. Yep I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Where is this country's morals headed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocktogo View Post
    As for the damage done to the credibility of the U.S. government, he didn't cause that. The people who crapped on the Constitution and committed these foul acts did.
    JCW355 feedback

Hi urbanscout,

Any cleaner kit that says it is for handgun should do just fine. It should say it can handle 357 or 9mm. I'd be surprised if you could find a kit that didn't handle these. Academy or Walmart.

Glocks are easy to clean. Field strip it after MAKING SURE MULTIPLE TIMES that it has no round in the chamber. Some may call me extra safe, but I remove the magazine, crack it open, check the chamber to make sure it is empty, make sure the magwell is empty, close it, then I have a little mirror from a broken compact my wife had that I use to verify there is no round in the chamber by holding the barrel so light shines in and using the mirror to see if I can see the firing pin hole and NO ROUND. Once I am very satisfied it won't go bang I will pull the trigger with it aiming in a safe direction and field strip it.

I clean the bore with some Hoppes #9. I then hit it with a dry patch, oil patch, dry patch. i then use the oil patch to wipe the entire barrel outside down. Set aside. I then repeat on the slide with an oil patch. When done, I use a paper towel to remove any excess oil. I wipe the receiver down with a paper towel. I then add a drop of oil to the connector and maybe half a drop to each slide rail. I add a some on the bottom lug area of the barrel and just forward of the barrel hood. I add a little oil wipe forward of the barrel hood top of the slide. A little wipe around the front of the barrel where it goes in the slide hole. Reassemble. Actuate the slide a couple times. Wipe off excess oil at the rear where the slide meets the receiver.

Good luck!

Alan
    PRESS MONITOR - Can prevent squib or double charge
    Press Action Monitoring . Loaded Round Counter . Low Powder Alarm . Press Light . RPH
    New PRESS COUNTER has a Press Light and Round Counter
    www.pressmonitordevice.com

My feedback thread here at OSA:
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?18207

Just get a good pistol cleaning kit, hoppes #9, ur favorite gun oil, some patches and get into it. Also an old tooth brush, or ur wifes, works great.
    Wizards Feedback

Anything I say while PUI cannot be held agiainst me!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Brown View Post
    "That little tramp kept coming on to me! I thought she loved me. She was offering to make me chicken-fried steak and everything! Tell me you wouldn't have done her too????????????"

-Zombie to Chris Hansen

thanks everyone,

I watched a vid on line and talked about only using a nylon bore brush. got me to wondering.

Thanks agian,

Glock barrels are not harmed by brass bore brushes. Too much oil or oil in the wrong places will make your Glock unhappy. Go online to http://www.glockfaq.com/ for cleaning and oiling hints.
    Tulsa-Area Oklahoma Conceal Carry Instructor. 15 years experience. Quality, fun, informative classes. Free loaner guns available. Discount for Oklahoma Shooters Members. PM for info.

Welcome to the forum but please read the rules and stickys to avoid a future ban for posting in the wrong forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Sooner View Post
    Welcome to the forum but please read the rules and stickys to avoid a future ban for posting in the wrong forum.
    just curious where would be the correct forum for this question??

OP: you bought a nice combat gun there... like mentioned above be very careful as to make sure triple time the gun is unloaded.. ALWAYS point in a safe direction when you dry fire it.... Its very important to remember to use little oil around the striker and keep it facing the bench (down) when you brush in there..

Here's my system after everything is field striped.

I clean everything with good 'ol Hoppe's #9, then I clean the frame and other areas where excessive material may hide with common household alcohol. (this is to help evaporate Hoppes.) Then I oil the five points recommended by glock with Mobil 1 20w/50 V-Twin motor oil..

Stay safe..

Quote Originally Posted by alank2 View Post
    Some may call me extra Anal, but I remove the magazine, crack it open, check the chamber to make sure it is empty, make sure the magwell is empty, close it, then I have a little mirror from a broken compact my wife had that I use to verify there is no round in the chamber by holding the barrel so light shines in and using the mirror to see if I can see the firing pin hole and NO ROUND.
    There fixed it for you !!

Do people actually clean their Glocks? Shoot more clean less its a Glock!
    Andy
    MY FEEDBACK
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Be polite, Be Courteous, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

"Stupidity is genetic, but ignorance is no more than the bi-product of pure laziness"

My want listPm me if have an offer.
    3" pre-lock Smith revolvers, any flavor.
    Winchester 61, 62, Rem Versamax Tactical
    Winchester 44mag lever, Marlin 45-70
    Threaded Glock 19 and 26 barrels, Beretta M9
    .280 Ackley Improved, Colt AR's

You have to clean them? I thought Glocks just run until they don't then you just get a new one. Just kidding. I do prefer the proshot and dewy rods though.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold between your hands" Col. Jeff Cooper