Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Colt Diamondback

Changing a little, How do you feel about the KING Cobra?
    Mark's Firearms
    Type 07-Manufacturer Of Firearms FFL/SOT
    215 Industrial Boulevard
    Moore, Oklahoma 73160
    405-793-1875
    Store is Open 11:00 - 5:00 M-F

Mark's Firearms Forum
    This is the forum your mother
    told you not to join!
    PM Nighthawk,
    to become a member.

Lets trip the light fantastic with tracers...

Might get a better response if you pose the question in the hand gun section.
    I know nothing about the KC except they are easy on the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Changing a little, How do you feel about the KING Cobra?
    I've never owned one but am sure they're fine guns.
    As far as snake guns, the diamondback and python are the only ones I've owned. King cobras and anacondas I've never had.

I had a 6" Diamondback 22lr a few years ago. It had nice blue and polish, it was a beautiful gun with a nice slick action. I just did not like the sights at all, they were too low and hard to see. What can I say, I'm more of a S&W man. Here's a picture of it.

Newcomer
    Blog Entries

One of the best .22's and a great investment gun.

I bought a 4" Diamondback in .38 at the Tulsa Walmart, at the Admiral traffic circle for $258; they were getting rid of their handguns; Never put a round thru it -- traded it for a 92F when they came out -- ended up buying a used Diamondback atleast 10 years ago for around $550ish -- the things you do when your young -- At one time I had 2 of the Colt agent -- 2 " barrel; aluminum, parkerized six shot ($168 retail at Walmart);a new Colt Diamondback; and a S&W 686 -- so thats why I traded my Diamondback for the new 92F. Still have one agent, my used Diamondback and the 686; a few years ago I traded for a 6 shot 617, looks like my 686. Still have my 92F; I used to let a young lady in the National Guard borrow it for practice. I believe she put more rounds thru it than I did. Sorry to get off topic -- I bought my used gun on Gunbroker, it had a set of weird grips and a colt box to small for the gun -- but the price was right, found two sets of Factory Colt Diamondback wood grips at the Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club swap meet for $5.00 a piece, Numrich had the grip screws for $6 -- the fit wasn't that great, Then I found a set of Target Pachmyers with the Colt Logo on Ebay; think I paid around $30, has alittle blue wear at the barrel tip. I think I will keep this one (maybe). The things you do when you get old!

Quote Originally Posted by Engineman1960 View Post
    I bought a 4" Diamondback in .38 at the Tulsa Walmart, at the Admiral traffic circle for $258; they were getting rid of their handguns; Never put a round thru it -- traded it for a 92F when they came out -- ended up buying a used Diamondback atleast 10 years ago for around $550ish -- the things you do when your young -- At one time I had 2 of the Colt agent -- 2 " barrel; aluminum, parkerized six shot ($168 retail at Walmart);a new Colt Diamondback; and a S&W 686 -- so thats why I traded my Diamondback for the new 92F. Still have one agent, my used Diamondback and the 686; a few years ago I traded for a 6 shot 617, looks like my 686. Still have my 92F; I used to let a young lady in the National Guard borrow it for practice. I believe she put more rounds thru it than I did. Sorry to get off topic -- I bought my used gun on Gunbroker, it had a set of weird grips and a colt box to small for the gun -- but the price was right, found two sets of Factory Colt Diamondback wood grips at the Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club swap meet for $5.00 a piece, Numrich had the grip screws for $6 -- the fit wasn't that great, Then I found a set of Target Pachmyers with the Colt Logo on Ebay; think I paid around $30, has alittle blue wear at the barrel tip. I think I will keep this one (maybe). The things you do when you get old!
    At least I'm not the only one. That doesn't make the pain go away, but it helps to know it's shared.
    The big red dog is diggin' in our backyard and we are justified in shooting him. - Curtis Lemay