10 "Manliest" Dog Breeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, thats right I bumped the thread. This pup is worth it. Unknown breed, unknown age. known coolest dog ever. Meet Roscoe.

[Broken External Image]

:shocked:

Do you know where Rosco is?? :scratch: Are you sure?? :scratch: I only ask because he is the spitting image of Dog ... :shocked: (I remember meeting Roscoe but I didn't remember what he looked like until you posted your pic. Imagine my surprise when I opened up this thread ... :shocked: :shocked: :scratch:)

And while GC is less than impressed, both Nero and I are absolutely TAKEN by Dog. He is sharp as a tack (sneaky little fart ... :D), easy to be around (except when he is sleeping ... damned dog farts like nothing I've EVER smelled before ... :bah:) and entertains himself, me and Nero ... Sometimes all at the same time! :D

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is right here next to me! pup goes with me damn near everywhere!

After you mentioned seeing another dog that looked like him it reminded that I saw a spitting image of him around 23rd and macarthur one day. It was such a close match I actually had to make sure Roscoe was still in the car with me.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is right here next to me! pup goes with me damn near everywhere!

After you mentioned seeing another dog that looked like him it reminded that I saw a spitting image of him around 23rd and macarthur one day. It was such a close match I actually had to make sure Roscoe was still in the car with me.

LOL ...

You know ... 23rd and MacArthur isn't that far from Lake Overholser where I found this guy. I've been around looking for flyers just in case (and looked around on FB a little) but haven't seen where anyone lost him. I'm really torn. On one hand, he was well fed and housebroken and did have "sit" and "stop it" down pat ... On the other hand, he was terrified of me and Nero at first but once he decided we were okay I couldn't beat him off with a stick. Plus, while not starved, he'd obviously missed a meal or two and his hip was dislocated; no collar; it was pretty obvious that he considered that park bench "his" when we first ran into him ...

He's been in the front several times and if he wanted to take off he could have but he sticks pretty close (like on this block) and stays where he can see me. He got out of the back yard the other day and where did he go? Right to the front door to scratch and get back into the house! LOL

I'm kinda inclined to go with "finder's keepers" ... especially because I knocked on a couple of doors by the park asking if they knew who he belonged to and those folks didn't recognize him and said "Oh, great ... another dumped dog ..."

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine came to me in a similar way. He was hanging out in front of the Kohls in Norman about 5 years ago during the summer. The staff there had put out a bowl of water for him and told my SIL that he had been there for a couple of days just laying around the front of the store. She said he looked miserable. When she and the kids left the store Roscoe followed them and hopped into the van. She knew I had been looking for a dog to replace one who had been killed by a couple of Rottweilers a few months previous, so she brought him out to my nephews baseball game and turned him over to me. Other than some dental issues and horrendous breath at times he has been just about perfect.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dog farts?

Pfffft! Let me tell you about dog farts...

IMG_1618.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom