106 doe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great morning to be out! Right at freezing with a frost on the ground.
Sat in the tower blind today on the food plot. Deer were moving everywhere.
Not many trees in this area so I can see 1/2 mile in every direction.
During the morning, up until 0745, there were 16 does, and one small buck that I glassed. Most were too far away for anything but a look. There is a large uncut milo field they were feeding in all night, and were heading back to the bedding areas.

0746 that number dropped to 15 does. ;D Gonna have to name this one the 106 doe.
Used the rangefinder and got 106 yds, and she weighed 106lbs.

Left the camera at home, so the crappy cell phone pic will have to work.

[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice...!

Load details...? Total shoot-thru...?

250 grain Hornady SST, with 42 grains of IMR smokless powder.(I"m brain dead right now and don't want to go to the shop to see the type)

Complete pass thru, double lung high. Bled so much that a blind person could have followed the blood trail, but she still made 75 yds.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the 106 Doe Dennis. Your right there were animals moving everywhere this morning. I had a 4pt (half rack was missing) come running in to me within 35 yards and imwas changing my boots but that didn't bother him he just stopped and started eating!stayed for about 5 minutesor so. Ended up seeing 2 bucks 7 does and 8 hogs this morning and ably 2 does thus evening. The wind in my sky scraper stand was brutal and it kept the deer away from me. Anyways congrats again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom