12 Refridgerent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know the irony is that when I went to dispose of two empty refrigerator shells (no compressor or any guts at all.. just used for storage), they wouldn't take them at the dump unless I had a certificate saying that the gas had been properly recovered and not in the fridge. I explained to them that they were just metal boxes with no compressor, tubing, anything...

It didn't matter, they still had to have a certificate and wouldn't budge even though I showed them that there were no guts at all. The mere fact that they were refrigerators at one time was enough.

So... I started calling around to find someone who could and would give me a certificate stating that the gas was no longer in them. No luck at all... most people I called acted like I was a moron and didn't know what I was talking about. I tried appliance repair places, heat and a/c places, everywhere I could think that might do it. I even called back the dump to find out if they had a list of people who did it... no of course not.

So... I called Borg recycling. They said bring it out, we'll pay you for it and no certificate needed. It wouldn't even matter if it had the guts and gas and everything...

Another example of government not knowing it's a$$ from a hole in the ground. I'm suprised members of congress can even pee straight with the crap they come up with for laws and regulation.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is why why when you drive the dirt roads thats all you see everybody from towns crap

No, that's because people that dump illegally have never had an ass beating vigorous enough to teach them that the world doesn't revolve around their slovenly, non-contributing ass yet.

One of the best laughs I ever got was when I was in about 11th grade. We lived 6 miles from town and I was home after school one day getting some food in the kitchen. Out the window I see a guy pull over next to a steep drop off across the road and about 1/8 mile from my parents house that people often dumped in. Long bed pickup FULL of construction waste. He gets out and starts untying ropes.

My parents house sits on a hill, the back faces the road and there is a circle driveway that wraps around the hill. I run out to my old Chevy and pop it in neutral, gave it a shove, hopped in and let it roll down the hill until I lost momentum, then I fired up the warmed over small block. It was a rather loud vehicle. I clicked it down in to first and came up the other side of the hill sideways and slinging gravel, hitting the blacktop in first gear at redline with the tires screeching.

The look on the guys face when he saw me coming was priceless. He was in that truck and hauling ass in no time. He was dragging 20 foot ropes off the bed rails because he hopped in without tying them down. Being a somewhat dumb kid I followed him Mad Max style for 3 miles as he did his best to see how fast an old pickup with 1500 pounds of crap sitting on the bumpstops would go (about 78mph with considerable handling problems, for the record), then turned around and went back to make my nachos. Stupid? Yes. Hilarious? Very. And at the very least I bet he crossed our street of his list of dumping grounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom