17 HMR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How available is 17 HMR ammo? I have not purchased ammo or looked at ammo or reloading supplies since 2010. I stocked up heavy when Obama went into office.

My grandson has been texting me and is hot to trot that I get a 17 HMR rifle for him to shoot. He has been watching YouTube with people shooting 17 HMR. I have never owned one, but may just have to look into getting one, depending on ammo availability.

This grandson is 10 years old and loves shooting my 22 rifles and 9mm handguns. He is eager to try shooting the 17 HMR.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I decide to get a 17 HMR, at that price for ammo he won't be able to blast away like he does with .22 ammo.

He and I spent a week at our place in New Mexico and I think he blasted off close to 300 rounds of .22 plus shooting some 9mm. I reload 9mm and my cost factor is low for those.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's available, you're looking at least .38 a round up to .50 or so plus shipping and tax. It's a fun caliber
I’ve got two 17hmr AR’s, and they’re the only AR’s I shoot. I haven’t price ammo in years and had no idea it was at that price point. I’m sure glad I stocked up when I did. I don’t alway do the right thing, but sometimes I accidentally do.

@Forgalspop Check AmmoSeek, because I bet there ammo available for less that 30 cents a round. If you really get in a bind, I can probably spare a case.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got two 17hmr AR’s, and they’re the only AR’s I shoot. I haven’t price ammo in years and had no idea it was at that price point. I’m sure glad I stocked up when I did. I don’t alway do the right thing, but sometimes I accidentally do.

@Forgalspop Check AmmoSeek, because I bet there ammo available for less that 30 cents a round. If you really get in a bind, I can probably spare a case.
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3 new never shot 17s I’d make you a great deal on. A semi auto a SS bolt and a single shot h&r with Target barrel and custom walnut wood. May be interested in also selling my lever action Henry. It’s a more limited addition engraved brass and great wood Anyway I also have a couple of 17 hmr specific scopes with adj parallax and Christmas tree riticals .

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How available is 17 HMR ammo? I have not purchased ammo or looked at ammo or reloading supplies since 2010. I stocked up heavy when Obama went into office.

My grandson has been texting me and is hot to trot that I get a 17 HMR rifle for him to shoot. He has been watching YouTube with people shooting 17 HMR. I have never owned one, but may just have to look into getting one, depending on ammo availability.

This grandson is 10 years old and loves shooting my 22 rifles and 9mm handguns. He is eager to try shooting the 17 HMR.
Try Chris Brown in TN. 615-904-4351 He gave me a really good deal on .22 & .17 HMR