1911 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
As long as it is a full size mag and not one of the shorter officer's size mags yes. You can also buy 8 rounds flush mags that work in the Govm't size 1911.

Also, moving you to the Handgun section.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
No problem.

oh, btw, is yours the 7.45 LDA? They make a lot of LDA models, so that isn't necessarily helpful to know. LDA stands for Light Double Action, referring to only the trigger, not the particular model. I seem to remember you talking about when you got it, so that's why I assumed full size.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure what the "official" opinion of them are from those who are serious 1911 shooters, but I picked up 4 of the Metalform mags when OSA did a group buy like 3 years ago that have served well since then, but they only have a cumulative total of <1500 rounds through them. I think they were something like $15 ea with the group buy, don't know what the regular price is, or what it is now.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wilson mags rock. i doubt you'd be disappointed in your investment if you picked a couple up. I have some 8 round ETM's and 47D's and they're both heads and shoulders above the stock Kimber and Colt GI mags I've used previously.