1960s Era Wristwatches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being that Christmas is rapidly approaching thought I’d get a jump on present ideas. For my father the idea popped in my head of a Vietnam Era wristwatch, he served in the USMC 1963-67 and I thought this might make for a thoughtful gift. I’d prefer of course to find something original but this one seems to be a suitable substitute. So what do you guys think and do you have any suggestions?

https://mwcwatches.com/collections/...atch-resistant-sapphire-box-crystal-automatic

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a bit larger than an original. It does however have a sapphire crystal and a 316L stainless case, which is great. It's difficult for me to delve much further because it only lists the movement as "24 Jewel Automatic". That being said, it looks very nice. If it is a Japanese or Swiss movement, it's probably worth the cost. If they put some cheap Chinese movement in it, it might be another story and make the watch non-serviceable in the long run. It does look very nice though.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good looking watch Firpo.

Just so you can compare it to the real thing this is my VN watch that our friend and resident watch guru @thor447 went completely through and it is still wearing the original uncleaned issued band.....it was made by Benrus.

giw.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom