$2,000.00 Ruger SR1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, no. It's just like buying some product endorsed by some athlete. They know they can get some extra out of you for it. Probably better off getting something built form the ground up as a comp pistol if that is what you want to use it for vs buying something for 2k and then still having to have it worked on.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you're after a competition pistol to run single stack in USPSA, then yes. It's worth it because of the upgrade parts. You'd end up spending close to or maybe more to bring a stock pistol to the same level.
It would do you better being a 9mm or .40, but still worth it.

For a range toy? Not really, unless you just want something flashy.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's put it this way. I have $1,650 in my customized stainless Dan Wesson PM-9 with all forged internals, Large Techwell, VZ grips and Ed Brown/STI/10-8/Dawson Precision Performance upgrades. That's $450 less than this Ruger which I assume still has an investment cast frame and MIM internals (minus the low mass hammer/sear)?

Of course I didn't get a fancy challenge coin, so it's got that going for it I guess...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's put it this way. I have $1,650 in my customized stainless Dan Wesson PM-9 with all forged internals, Large Techwell, VZ grips and Ed Brown/STI/10-8/Dawson Precision Performance upgrades. That's $450 less than this Ruger which I assume still has an investment cast frame and MIM internals (minus the low mass hammer/sear)?

Of course I didn't get a fancy challenge coin, so it's got that going for it I guess...

This.

Or run and STI with a few upgrades and be done with it. You'll still be significantly cheaper.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem with STI is that they no longer offer single stacks so you have to find one in the wild. They seem to be a 2011 only outfit these days.
wow, just looked at their site, it does seem that they only offer double stacks other than the new staccato c

Latest posts

Top Bottom