• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy 20 gauge hulls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Go to a shotgun range and pick them up from the barrels. Ranges don’t mind. Less they have to deal with. Just let them know you’re going to clean up anything that you see laying out of place or offer to help with a chore or two.

bluegrassZ71

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Go to a shotgun range and pick them up from the barrels. Ranges don’t mind. Less they have to deal with. Just let them know you’re going to clean up anything that you see laying out of place or offer to help with a chore or two.
@rjbrooks7 I already do that but haven’t found many of the 20 gauge AA or STS hulls discarded…Mostly hulls from the Walmart 4-packs that don’t load very well.

Last edited:

bluegrassZ71

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The 20 ga Federals do pretty good. But they use a 6 point crimp, not 8.
@turkeyrun thanks for the suggestion. I’m wanting to stick with the AA or STS because I like the brass base and am currently loading 3/4 oz with a dense powder. In my experience the Federal hulls typically have a little more volume which means dished crimps unless I drop a Cheerio in the top for filler. 😀

Latest posts

Top Bottom