2024 Toyota Tacoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first impressions. Too much plastic, who’s going to drive the TRD Pro so hard you’ll need shock absorbers in bucket seats, get rid of the ARB crap and the snorkel on the Trailhunter. Speaking of Trailhunter, you’ll be hunting for the by-pass trails in Moab due to no front locker, and that’s on any model (great idea Toyota) Jeep, Ford, Chevy and GMC have you out classed here. The 4th generation is all hat and no cows, designed by engineers who don’t drive trucks and definitely don’t get off grid.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw parts of this video yesterday. I'm guessing it's MSRP is beyond my willingness to pay, so didn't get too interested. Looks good, yes indeed. But I'm guessing the entry level 2WD version is around $40K which would mean 42 or 43 on the lot. 4WD entry version is likely upper 40's on the lot. The Pro looks pretty dang good to me, but there is no doubt it will be far, far more than I care to pay. Partly because of some of the useless stuff you mentioned, OP. Didn't even bother watching the Trailhunter part. But yeah, I do like the way it looks.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just not a fan of all the 'stuff' on these. Humorous when they can't open the tailgate on the trailhunter because it's low on power. That pretty much sums it up for me.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t pies off the aftermarket people by making an off the lot ready to go vehicle.

Jeep did it with the Rubicon...they seem to sell really well.

Ford's doing it with some of their Bronco models/packages.

People will always want to customize their vehicle...regardless of how it sits when they buy it.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure they can't really do it because of all the regulations etc, but I've thought for 20 years that companies were missing a huge opportunity to bring a tough and simple SUV to the market here. For example, the Toyo Landcruiser that they sell in other countries would have been crazy popular here, imo.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not interested in the toyota anymore. even the landcruisers have just gotten out of hand expensive and loaded with crap i don't need. i miss the days when you could order an f100 and spec it yourself without a radio or air conditioning and choose a heavy suspension with a six or v8 stick or automatic.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure they can't really do it because of all the regulations etc, but I've thought for 20 years that companies were missing a huge opportunity to bring a tough and simple SUV to the market here. For example, the Toyo Landcruiser that they sell in other countries would have been crazy popular here, imo.
Thats what I will like to see. Pretty sure that the Pro will be 70,000 +.

Latest posts

Top Bottom