2024 Toyota Tacoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toyota has really lost their way.

Toyota used to make a small, cheap, reliable truck, that was stripped down to the basics of comfort yet more than capable of doing everything you needed it to do. A truck that for pennies on the dollar could more hang with its bigger cousins either off road or on the jobsite. (And with decent gas mileage.) I think the first gen tacomas were the end of this era.

RIP HILUX

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to say this, but P/U's and Pony cars are more than likely the last bastion of performance and appearance customization. Cars and SUV's have become an appliance, while the manual transmission an anti theft device. Fewer and fewer want to modify their car or even care to. We have become shadows of our former selves. We take cars to jiffy lube to change the oil. No tune ups needed with spark plugs that last 100 K miles. Forget about swapping out an engine when you throw a rod, whole car goes to Pull-A-Part so that someone may replace a broken window, torn seat, windshield washer pump or body panel. There are more wires than bolts holding your engine in the car, assuming you can even get to it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw parts of this video yesterday. I'm guessing it's MSRP is beyond my willingness to pay, so didn't get too interested. Looks good, yes indeed. But I'm guessing the entry level 2WD version is around $40K which would mean 42 or 43 on the lot. 4WD entry version is likely upper 40's on the lot. The Pro looks pretty dang good to me, but there is no doubt it will be far, far more than I care to pay. Partly because of some of the useless stuff you mentioned, OP. Didn't even bother watching the Trailhunter part. But yeah, I do like the way it looks.
You’re in the 50’s easy with 4wd
Morons will pay 60k+ when the 4runner comes out.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the Tacos are for well-to-do teens who get their first car or the early 20 somethings that are still single. I don't don't see them as a grown up man's truck. Not that they are bad in any way. In fact I think they are great for a "1/4 ton" truck but where I grew up it is what the vast majority of teenagers drove if they got a truck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom