.22LR or .22Mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RezRunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a .22lr or .22mag or a combo revolver just for playing around. I am looking at a Heritage RR or a Ruger Wrangler. Just wanting opinions if either one of these are worth purchasing? I would prefer a pistol that I can get a speedloader for? Any information would be appreciated.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would go with the wrangler if that is all you want to spend. I have a Heritage with both cylinders that I am thinking of selling but Ruger has better quality. I have several Rugers but none are wranglers and I love them

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my Diamondback Sidekick.
I tried the Heritage, It was just OK. Sold it and got a Ruger Wrangler, it was better quality, but I got tired of the loading gate really fast. Sold it and got the Diamondback. It's everything I wanted. It has the appearance of the Rough Rider and the Wrangler (even takes the same grips) but better features like 9 shots, swing out cylinder, and SA/DA. Mine includes both the 22lr and 22wmr cylinders. In my opinion, the build quality is right there with the Ruger.

I do have a set of aftermarket Wrangler wood grips on mine.

20230906_104516.jpg
20230906_104533.jpg

20230906_104847.jpg
20230906_104909.jpg

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The big advantage to the Heritage is the price. For the money, it's a good gun. Mine is, anyway. It's the .22LR/.22Mag and it works just fine. The finish is rough and I don't care for the safety. But it was $125 with both cylinders.

I'd have to agree with @Catt57 that the Diamondback's features make it worth a few more $$. I really like the swing out, 9 shot cylinders and the SA/DA shooting options.

Edit to add: kygunco.com has the Diamondback for $288 with free shipping and no tax.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Heritage will go bang, not much else. I have HAD 3. All 3 were inaccurate.
The Wrangler is a definite improvement.
The Diamondback is worth the money. A speedloader, though possible, would be a PITA, with 9 rounds of .22 RF; IMHO.
Construction quality, finish, accuracy make Single Six, Nine, or Ten the best option; but prices are getting stupid high. Reasonably price previously loved examples do pop up, but they are getting scarcer. Diligence and patience can pay off.

The fun factor is there, grab the one you want / can find and go have some fun.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the wrangler is still just lr, unless they came out with a mag cylinder lately.
I have a wrangler, nice little pistol, pretty reasonable on price, the gate is a minor
Pita. Mine is pretty accurate as well

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had 3 heritage rough riders. They all went bang, no issues and fun to shoot. Kids love shooting them. All 3 were pretty accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom