28 Year Old Woman-Physically Healthy-Decides to be Euthanized Due to Crippling Depression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude. Folks dealing with this get used to putting on a face. If they decide they don't want help, they ain't gonna get help.

I seriously can't believe I have to argue with other people to be sympathetic with people needing help.

Yes, people with chronic depression do well to hide it. It's unfortunate when family/friends miss the signs and can't/don't intervene before it's too late.

It seems callous to just dismiss them so easily.

Edit: And I'm sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you went through.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I seriously can't believe I have to argue with other people to be sympathetic with people needing help.

Yes, people with chronic depression do well to hide it. It's unfortunate when family/friends miss the signs and can't/don't intervene before it's too late.

It seems callous to just dismiss them so easily.
I guess I’m just a callous bastard. Fifteen days before he blew his brains out. You have no idea how many things we tried to help him.
IMG_2858.jpeg

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I’m just a callous bastard. Fifteen days before he blew his brains out. You have no idea how many things we tried to help him.

I'm not calling you callous. I'm just saying depressed people need help. And I hope the help actually provides benefit.

Depressed people need help - long before euthanasia is considered.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not calling you callous. I'm just saying depressed people need help. And I hope the help actually provides benefit.

Depressed people need help - long before euthanasia is considered.
My point is - they have to want it, otherwise it's pointless. Making programs available is great, but understand that only some of the depressed population will take advantage of that.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the state provides as an option today may very well be mandatory in the future.
Talk about the ol slippery slope, wow!
What’s next?
Can’t pay the deductible on your health insurance so it’s the needle for you?
Murder by another name is what I see.
Change that to people with no liability car insurance and I'm 100% in. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom