28 yr old never fired 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here's some pics of a 1981 ruger 10/22 that I picked up at the gun show in tulsa a few weeks ago for $190.00. the condition is flawless and It had never been fired and still has a manufacturers sticker on the buttplate, I thought it was a pretty good deal. 1022 001.JPG

1022 003.JPG

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here's some pics of a 1981 ruger 10/22 that I picked up at the gun show in tulsa a few weeks ago for $190.00. the condition is flawless and It had never been fired and still has a manufacturers sticker on the buttplate, I thought it was a pretty good deal.View attachment 10553

View attachment 10554

Thats a pretty good deal.

Did it come like it sits?

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it was completely stock, I added the extras. I put a some rounds through it the other day. I'm kinda hesatant to take out in the woods with me, I'd hate to give it it's first scratch in 28 years and I don't want to wear the sticker off of the buttplate. The sticker says "Ruger american hardwood stock This ruger firearm has been fitted with a stock made of the finest quality select American Birch from New England forests. This fine hardwood stock has been precision shaped, inletted and treated with a durable weatherproof finish to provide many years of satisfactory service.

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a Marlin 336 the other day from 1978 (same year of manufacture as me), still with the sticker. Doesn't appear to be fired, in excellent condition.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
those ruger 10/22s are great little rifles. I have one that was made in 1968. I like how it doesnt have the sill warning lable bla bla on the barrel. It also has a metal but plate instead of plastic.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a Marlin 336 the other day from 1978 (same year of manufacture as me), still with the sticker. Doesn't appear to be fired, in excellent condition.

It wouldn't new long at my house.......scratch? Go for it.

I'm kinda rough on my guns, I could never keep a gun in like new condition for 30 yrs. hate to see it happen to the 10/22 but, I'm a shooter not a collector.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
those ruger 10/22s are great little rifles. I have one that was made in 1968. I like how it doesnt have the sill warning lable bla bla on the barrel. It also has a metal but plate instead of plastic.

I noticed that the new ruger 10/22's have a plastic reciever and it sounds hollow when you tap on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom